CH16| When I'm lost in my own mind

note- important a/n at the end of the chapter

"I don't hate you, I hate all your brothers who pretend like you're the only Trace sister ever born" 

Darren's words echoed in my head as I made my way to the dining area. I couldn't seem to forget even though it's been a whole day. 

Everybody except Darren was there, waiting for me. I took a seat beside Ander as Louise started to serve the Dinner. 

"How's school going?" Evander abruptly asked

"It's going great," I answered looking around the table "I became a member of our school's debate team"

Ander seemed a little shook by my words

"Anything else you wanna tell me?" he asked

"No" I answered, trying to hide the perplexion in my tone

We ate in silence for a few moments, the only sound was of the utensils clashing together

"Did you make any friends?" Evan put forward another question

Why is he showering me with questions about school?

"I did make quite a few friends" 

"Do any one of them know you have amnesia?"

Ander's shoulder slightly tensed on the topic of amnesia, River started to seem interested in the conversation, Ryder remained the same while I become a little anxious.

"No-no, none of them" I lied, trying not to stutter

He responded with a nod before asking "Does anyone else know you have amnesia?"

My shoulder's tensed and I looked at Ander with the corner of my eyes. He whispered a sorry.

"Um, I" I trailed of having nothing to say

"When were you planning to tell me?" Evan asked after a hot minute of silence

I remained quiet

"Why would she tell you" Ander abruptly stood up

The four pairs of eyes in the room stared at him

"You make her feel like a salesperson" Ander added, "and have you ever heard the rules River gives her, you don't let her stay out after 7 pm, she told me because I make her feel safe, you can't just ask her why she didn't tell you, it's her decision who she tells and don't forget you are the one who sent her to school in the first place."

What he said didn't make a lot of sense, but I honestly was honestly shocked by the fact that Ander stood up for me even after our fight.

"We are going to have this conversation later," Evan said to me "In my study tomorrow after school"