CH14| When I'm showered with bad luck

"Like you have Amnesia" he replied

"Good one" I tried to fake a laugh "Why would I have amnesia"

I am way too bad at lying

"Excuse me," I said

Without even waiting for his response, I rushed out of the gym and into the girl's restroom and tried to calm down

How does he know that?

Why does he know that?

My brothers are gonna kill me

Calming down wasn't a big success and I decided to return to the gym after a while. By the time I was back, everyone was packing their stuff up and leaving.

"Oh you're back," Tessa noticed me "you can pack your stuff up, we're free to leave this hell hole now"

"Yeah, just a second" I grabbed all my belongings while Tessa and Rebel waited for me. We walked to the exit together after which we parted ways and I got in the car with River who came to pick me up.

ANDER TRACE pov

Within just a day Adelynn seemed to enjoy school a lot, she even sneaked out. When she came back last night I had never seen her so happy since she got amnesia. At first, I thought school wasn't a good option for her but seeing her so happy just amazes me. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of footsteps, probably Adelynn

I opened my door and peeked out to see Ads "Hey, you're back"

"yeah" she replied, closing the door of her room

What's up with her? Did she have a bad day at school

Or did she get punished because of River again

Going back to my room and ignoring it would be a very 'Darren'  thing to do but knocking on her door and trying to talk to her seems a very 'Disney parent' thing to do.

Time to be a Disney parent

I knocked on her door and life asked for the one thing I don't have, patience.

So, I knocked on her door 10 more times before she even had the chance to open

"Yeah?" she asked with a low voice

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Yeah" she replied in the same tone

Then why the hell are you talking like you just got scolded by your favorite teacher  "You can tell me if something's wrong"