Chapter XIII: Talking picture

*Y/N's POV*

You: "Heh... the news start soon... wanna stay and listen? Since you know what happened to me?"

Velvet: "Sure... I'd be happy to."

She gave me the radio as I turned it on... and turned up its volume a little.

News: "Welcome everyone to Sakurami noon News. I'm Lin Matsukishi and today we will talk about the Gasai residence. As you all know it has been burnt down by an unknown arsonist. And since their owner Yuno Gasai is behind bars for murder and kidnapping without any money the building belongs to the city and is having an auction."

Velvet: "That's dumb... what if they release her? Where will she live?"

You: "When they release her she will be on her way to Beacon to be with me... I'm sure of it. Besides I think she's in prison for life. I'm not sure though."

Velvet: "I see... that's reasonable then... and very bad if she will escape."

You: "Indeed."

Lin: "We have our reporter Zukai Agaki in the place... what is the situation?"

Zukai: "People are swarming in to explore the house... at least the ruins... I have information that the base price in this auction is 200 000 Lien..."

Velvet: "Only?"

You: "It's burnt down..."

Zukai: "I have one of the citizens here with me let's have his thoughts....  Do you hope you can win the auction?"

Citizen: "I'm positive it will be mine... Once I buy it I'll build a shop with everything possible... the money I spent will be soon returned."

Zukai: "That's a lot of confidence coming from you."

Citizen: "In this city you have to be confident otherwise people like Minene and Gasai will get you... remember what happened to Y/N Belladonna..."

You: "Why me again?"

Zukai: "I think that was not his fault to be kidnapped by Yuno Gasai AND Uryuu Minene."

Velvet: "You were kidnapped by Minene too?"

You: "No... they only think that... Uryuu... she's not as bad as others think she is."

Velvet: "How can you say that? Those terrorist attacks... thousands of people dead..."

You: "Velvet stop it... Uryuu is not a bad person on the inside."

Velvet: "How?"

You: "Because she was the one who helped me escape."

Velvet: "Hold on! What?"

You: "It's true... Uryuu Minene the world-wide known terrorist helped me escape Sakurami."

Velvet: "That's so hard to believe."

You: "Trust me... if it wasn't for Uryuu I'd still be in Sakurami."

Velvet: "That's unexpected."

Zukai: "The auction have started... and the price that was offered is already at 700 000 Lien..."

You: "They surely are interested in that ruin."

Velvet: "I wonder what the final price will be."

We listened to the radio for a while and soon the house was sold... for 5 million Lien... How can someone pay that much for a pile of burnt wood.

Additionally the guy who thought he'll get it ended up quitting once the price reached over 1 million Lien... that's too overconfident... worse than having no confidence at all.