Chapter 3

Vincenzo's pov

"We're here sir" my driver informs to which I give him a small nod as a thank you

I walk into my building which was the main building for my company, the Vrossi&co which I had taken after my father's death. Vrossi&co was started in the era of my great grandparents and then passed onto my grandad then to my dad and then finally to me.

However after my fathers death, I was the one who brought the company's name so high up to where it is now, the most successful and richest company not only in New York but the world and other businesses are always desperate to do business with my company so their company could be at least be known.

People feared me. They feared to make a mistake, they feared to say something wrong, they even feared to stand near me to which they should. I want the world to fear and to know I'm not the one to mess with while dealing with business because I can ruin their life right in that moment.

Everyone thinks being a billionaire will gain you anything and everything and they're not wrong, it could get you anything but not everything. After inheriting my father's business, I came across to find how selfish the world really is and when I became a billionaire with a successful business, people tried so hard to become someone special to me.

Though their tries were useless. I don't care about anyone, except my daughter. The only girl who holds my heart in her hands. The only girl I would throw away my money to. The only girl who meant something to me. The only girl who can make me soft. The only girl that has the ability to break my cold and hard face I put up for everyone and the only girl that meant the world to me.

She was a kind and beautiful girl who had a father so cruel but still found a way to love him but there was no doubt she had gained her alluring personality from her mother.

Her mother was the same woman who was married to me and then brutally taken away. Life is cruel, cruel to break a perfect family and leaving them in sorrow but was life really to blame or was it just the people who made life like this? but whatever it was had messed with the wrong man.

Elena Jovi, the mother of Nora and my ex-wife. Elena had the purest soul and Nora was a living  copy of her though she was one of my most trusted friend.

Yes she was my wife but wife was just a title that had been given to her when we were to have an arrange marriage to bring both mine and her father's company more well known but being a billionaire meant competition and competition meant having enemies. The same enemies that would do anything to bring my company down and so they did exactly that by killing my wife after she had given birth to my beautiful Nora.

Elena's death was my fault and I'd never be able to forget loosing a great friend because of my mistakes but from then I knew I would do everything to protect my Nora.

In front of the world we faked our love but our love for each other was love between two friends but now knowing the consequences of me ever loving someone more than friends, I promised myself to not let any other woman in my life and besides, woman in New York are gold diggers who are after you for two thing, your money or sex.

***

As I stepped past the doors, eyes immediately darted towards me and some employees greeted me with a good morning to which I again just gave a nod.

Once I was in my office, which was mainly black with windows covering the walls behind me giving the most perfect view to look at, I checked all my files and signed necessary documents but as soon as I finished, a knock on my door interrupted me.

"Come in" I spoke with my usual hard tone

"Sir sorry for disturbing but you have an urgent meeting right now with Mr Ortiz and after that meeting you have another meeting at 7:00pm with Mr Diaz which I'm sure you're aware off"

"Yes thank you for reminding but if I'm correct there was no meeting between me and Mr Ortiz today" I questioned my receptionist who did a daily thing of reminding me about my meetings that had been called in since finding a perfect personal assistant was extremely hard and no personal assistant's of mine were able to keep their jobs for more than a week

"Right yes but Mr Ortiz had said it was just to finalise all the documents for the new hotel in Florida" he replied

"Okay get everything organised in the meeting room, I'll be there shortly" I said one last time before signalling him to get to work

***

The meeting between Mr Ortiz had gone way longer than I had expected but at the end of the day the contracts were officially signed and a new building under my company will be built in Florida.

Though I was not finished for the day as I had one more meeting with the person I hated with a passion, my best friend, Evan Ortiz.

He, just like me, was a successful business man who made millions but ran a company relating to detectives, FBI and crimes that he always wanted to run since we were 5.

I had known Evan since we were 1 years old as both our fathers were best friends and ran their companies hand in hand. Evan was the most annoying person but still my most trusted person and even being 30 years old, he acted like a child but when it came to business he was a serious man, just like me.

"Vincenzo! my favourite man how are you doing!?" his voice boomed loudly echoing through the rooms

"Evan..." I started clearly not having any interest to what he's saying

"Oh come on! give me some enthusiasm on this fine day" he nudged my arm

I rolled my eyes, pushing his arm away "What are you doing here Evan?"

"you're no fun" he pouted "Anyways someone was dying to meet you"

I raised my eyebrows signalling for him to continuing

"DADDY!" A little voice shouted while a small figure ran towards me with her arms wide open and a giant smile

"Nora baby what are you doing here?" I spoke gently while picking her up

"I told uncle Evan about our secret trips to the bakery every night so uncle Evan said that we can go a bit early and you would've finished your work" Nora spoke "and we missed yesterday's trip to the bakery"

I looked back at Evan who stood there giving me a toothy grin, knowing he did this to annoy me since he knew I don't leave work early but since Nora wants to go now, we will go now.

"Alright baby let's go" I replied with a smile while putting her back down onto her feet as we made our way to my car with Evan behind us doing his little victory dance. He really doesn't know how to act like a 30 year old.

——————————————————————

A/N: I decided to change the Pov to Vincenzo's to give a little story about his life and past