Chapter 19

a/n: Hey! This chapter isn't as long and my updates haven't been as recent because I feel like this book is a bit messy and is being dragged on.

This book is nowhere near to being completed but It won't be as long. I'm not going to be rushing this book and will still put a lot of effort but please do give me your honest opinion about this book so I could see how others view it.

—————————————————————

Walking into the suite saying I was stunned was an understatement. I wasn't used to these luxury things and massive buildings so I keep getting surprised at having an actual chance to finally experience it. I mean come on never in my life had I even thought about stepping out of America to another country.

I turn back to Vincenzo with an impressed look

"You really do seem to always surprise me Mr Rossi" I said in a teasing voice

"I always choose the best Miss Parker" He played along

"Alright that big ego of yours is almost about to burst out Vincenzo" I chuckled

"Let me show you your room but I'm always open to sharing my bed with you. It's nice to have company" He spoke with his signature smirk

"You're getting your hopes up too high Mr Rossi"

He chuckled in response, shaking his head and then leading me to a door that was in the suite next to two other doors.

"My rooms just opposite yours in case you decide to change your mind" He looked down on me with a small smile.

"I'll keep that in mind" I smiled back, closing the door on him. I felt happy for the first time in long but what I didn't expect was the reason to be Vincenzo.

I sighed contently before picking my pyjamas and making my way to have a nice hot shower before bed. I walk into my bathroom, running the shower beforehand for the water to be warm as I stripped out of my clothes.

After my long hot shower, I made my way over to my very cosy looking bed before being interrupted by a knock. I opened the door to reveal none other than Vincenzo standing on the other side in a suit.

I raised my brows signalling him to speak.

"I have to go out to do something so I won't be back until later tonight" He said as his eyes looked down to my neck making a smirk appear on his face.

"Oh alright" I frowned trying not to sound disappointed

"Goodnight Valerie"

"Goodnight Vincenzo" I spoke quietly, shutting the door as he walked away

Shaking off my thoughts, I went back to my bed and oh god I have never laid down on a bed this soft and I'm truly lost for words. It feels like I'm laying on the clouds and I already know that I will be having amazing sleeps in this bed.

I guess Vincenzo didn't really lie about his hotel having very comfortable beds.

***

I woke up panting with my forehead sweaty and tears streaming down my face. A nightmare. I tried controlling my breathing and after a while, I finally did.

It had been long since I had a nightmare but that face still haunted me even when I'm as far away from her.

Mothers are supposed to comfort you after you had a nightmare and kiss you to sleep and wait for you to go back to sleep but in my case my mother is the reason for my nightmare.

The pain and the guilt she's caused always haunts me in fear of her finding me and the thought of my attempt of running away going to waste scares me.

I let out a shaky breath before getting up and walking to the bathroom to splash some cold water onto my face.

I dried of my face with a towel, only then realising that I wouldn't be able to go sleep.

I groaned in annoyance because there was no way I'm sitting here bored and even Vincenzo isn't here.

Just then I remembered seeing a bar in this hotel and maybe that will get my thoughts away from the nightmare and other things. I walk over to the suitcase that I still hadn't unpacked and wasn't going to since it would only make it harder for me to pack again and picked out a blue dress.

Slipping into it, I admired myself in the mirror clearly pleased with the dress and then I squinted my eyes, taking a closer look on my neck to see a very visible hickey. Fucking Vincenzo. I brushed my hair to tame it, trying my best to cover the hickey with it. I decided against putting on make up because not only would it take long but I would have to take it off in couple of hours anyways.

I strapped the same coloured heels and picked up the keys Vincenzo had given me, walking out my bedroom, locking the suite door.

I went into the elevator and down to floor 1 again where I had seen the bar. Once the elevator reached the floor, I got out and walked towards the bar which was actually a club when you walked in.

Ignoring the looks from the hungry men, I walked and sat in front of the bar.

"Tough night?" The bartender asked, raising his brows

"Is it that obvious?" I groaned and he chuckled in response

"Very but what can I get you?"

"Anything to get me through this night" I answered

"Coming right up" he winked playfully making me let out a small laugh

I looked around the club definitely feeling off because I would usually avoid places like these but tonight I just need something strong.

"Here" The bartender flashed a smile, placing a shot of something in front of me

"Cheers" I raised my drink upwards before tilting my head backwards and downing all the contents down my throat. Whatever this was, was guaranteed strong and one would not do the job.

I downed about 5 more shots, turning into a tipsy and drunk person before the bartender said it was enough for me and denied to making more. At least he's a nice guy but what I do know is that tonight is going to be really eventful and tomorrow morning is going to be an absolute pain.