Chapter 18

Happiness immediately filled me as the fresh air gushed past us making the coolness of it feel amazing against my burning cheeks.

I couldn't believe I was standing in France, a completely different country and it made me even more excited to finally experience all those amazing things that could be done here. I mean come on isn't France the country known for its love and romance?

"Sir" the driver who stood outside of a black car greeted Vincenzo with respect.

Vincenzo gave him a nod and walked towards the car, power radiating of off him like he owned the ground he walked on, and me? I was stumbling behind him trying to take in everything I could. It's not like I come here on daily.

After I stepped into the car, the car started to head towards the road and away from the runaway. The sight was absolutely breathtaking and I hadn't even explored all off France yet.

Vincenzo, on the other hand sat straight with his brows furrowed, furiously typing into his phone. We were in France and he still couldn't get a day off work. I think that's what made his company so successful but I wasn't going to let him drown himself in his work because the whole reason we came here according to him was to get our minds off everything which I finally got out of him.

"You okay?" I hesitantly asked

"Yeah" He said, finally shutting his phone off and looking directly at me.

It made me a bit angry to think how he could act like nothing happened but then again a kiss doesn't mean anything to him because he could get any girl to fall to his feet so him playing around isn't new. Even all the articles frame him to be a player, fuck boy and a heart breaker and I feel so stupid for giving in so easily.

I nodded and looked back out the to window to the beautiful city of Paris.

***

Vincenzo's POV:

Beautiful. That's what this woman sitting beside me is. Something about her innocence and clumsiness makes me so attracted to her and she doesn't even know.

Her lips. oh god her lips were so soft, delicate, sweet and addicting. It was a risky move to kiss her but not once do I regret it. The way I looked down on her and her luscious, rosy plump lips begging me to kiss her. The only thing bothering me is that I won't be able to get enough of her.

My eyes physically couldn't move away from her as I watched her look outside the window in awe with a massive smile on her face making her one very small dimple pop out that I hadn't even noticed yet.

She was mine. She was mine the day she decided to help Nora. She was mine the day I laid my eyes on her and she was mine from the time I captured her lips.

Before I was unsure about my messed up feelings because the thought of Elena being disappointed roamed around the back of my head but after kissing her there was no going back. She is mine and I will make sure everyone knows.

I know my thoughts will scare her away so I will give her all the time she needs and would never rush her into anything and that's another reason why I'm on this trip with her.

She managed to break through my intimidating self and now I had to break through her walls she built up. Her past life was just as fucked up as mine and one thing I noticed about her is even though she can make friends easily with her stunning personality, she doesn't trust people easily and getting her trust will be hard but in the end worth it.

Her hands moved to her necklace, fiddling with it which I noticed she did a lot. She also never took off her necklace and that tells me it's important to her.