Chapter 9

"That will be $5.40 sir" I said with a smile

I was back in the bakery until I had officially started working as a nanny and as a personal assistant at Vrossi&co and I was proud that I had gotten the job even if I had to use Nora to manipulate her dad.

"We are going to miss you dear" Maria stated, taking me into a hug while crushing me

"Yeah it's going to be so different without you here" Gianna added on as they both started their sad talks

"I'm not leaving this state" I laughed "I'm moving jobs to a place which is five minutes away from here which means I can visit you on daily" I said to the both who had a miserable face making it harder for me to leave later. "And I'm still working in the bakery for 2 days"

In reality, I was more upset leaving the job as an employee to the bakery than them because Maria treated me as her own grandchild and Gianna was my best friend and it was definitely going to be hard saying goodbye to my first ever job.

However, I couldn't show sadness to the both of them as it was only going to make it harder for me as I made so many amazing memories in this bakery and the bakery was an important part of me when I started my new life when I first came to New york.

"I know but still we are going to get so lonely without your constant smile that lightens this bakery" Maria said with sadness present in her tone

We all might be being over dramatic as I was only leaving this job and starting a new job that was five minutes away from here, but we were all like family who were worried about not seeing each other's faces every mornings.

"Enough of this sad talk. I will visit you everyday but now we need to carry on working" I said trying to scold at them which in return we all started to burst out laughing as I sounded more like a child

These were the times I was going to miss...laughing together and being happy with each other's presence

—————————————————————

Vincenzo's Pov

I was furious. Furious that she was working for me but I couldn't deny Nora's request. Nora meant everything to me and I would do anything that could make her happy, even if it meant I had to hire her.

The day she helped Nora, I was quite surprised she didn't know about me and she denied the money I offered but I knew she was trying to play innocent. She's just like everyone else, a manipulative whore who tries to play innocent at first and then uses people.

I needed to distance myself from her but now that she was my personal assistant, it meant that it wouldn't be easy because she was going to always be in my personal space. The only way to avoid this was by giving her a lot of work that she will quit her job herself and leave me and Nora alone and will get out of our lives.

When I saw her, she was definitely an attractive women and there was no denying that but behind pretty faces are always lies and betrayal and after what Elena's death taught me, there was no other women that interested me...except her.

I pulled my hair in frustration trying to get the thoughts about her out of my mind but she had somehow invaded my thoughts.

"Fuck!" I grunted, throwing the the papers against the wall.

It as giving me a headache, the more I tried to get her out of my mind the more the pain had increased.

I had seen her before.

Somewhere but I know I have seen her but I just can't remember where.

The first time I laid my eyes on her, I knew I had seen that face and from then I couldn't get her face out of my thoughts.

This had never happened before. My thoughts were always around My business, Nora or the moment I saw Elena dead, but now some girl with the courage to tell me of, care about someone she didn't know and someone who was always happy had settled her place into my head.

"Why can't I get you out?" I said ripping my hair

Valerie Parker

Valerie Parker

Valerie Parker

Nothing clicked. I had not heard that name before but yet her face seemed familiar.

This was stupid, absolutely stupid, I couldn't waste my time figuring about this girl when I had bigger responsibilities and I was probably going insane over nothing.

But all I know is that I needed to stay away from her. Though was this going to be easy when she already had Nora adoring her new friend? No

—————————————————————

a/n:

I know this was a very short and not very detailed chapter but I had a lot of school homework that I needed to catch up on but I needed to update for you all as well :)