Chapter 14

Vincenzo had left a couple hours ago so I decided to start on my work for today straight away to get it done with as soon as possible. I remembered Vincenzo mentioning about him having an office somewhere in the house and that anything that needed to be printed or photocopied could be done from there.

From the outside, the house truly looked like a massive mansion and it still is a really big mansion from the inside but when you enter it, a feeling of something reminding you of home is left within you except its dull and empty.

A question that still roamed around my head was where was Nora's Mother? Did something happen to her? but at the end of the day that really wasn't my business but the curiosity was killing me.

Whatever it was about Nora's mother, all I can tell is that she must be very sweet and kind because no way in hell did Nora get her personality from her father.

Shaking my thoughts and questions away, I focused back on my work and decided it would be better to print of the documents that needed to be printed before I started to write notes about the meeting he was in right now.

I looked around for a bit and came across a room that I hadn't noticed before. This must be the office.

As I opened the door, I came across a clean and organised office that looked similar to Vincenzo's office in his building, black and even tho he wasn't here, his coldness still roamed around.

Without wasting any more time, I sent the documents to the printer and waited for the printer to start printing it. I started walking towards the printer before noticing a small photo on his desk. I walked towards the photo and picked up the frame to get a better look at it.

It was a girl with similar features to Nora with blonde hair, rosy lips and a smile that also matched Nora's.

"This must be Nora's mother" I said quietly to myself as I looked at the beautiful woman. Just by looking at the photo you could tell she was a loving and fun person. Her warm smile said it all. Now that I look at Nora's mother, I see that Nora was a literal copy of her just with Vincenzo's eyes and eyelashes.

Beside her was Vincenzo and he also had a smile plastered on his face, a genuine one where he looked happy and his eyes held emotion and not his usual coldness and intimidation.

He must really love her...

The thought did pain me a little surprisingly but now seeing this photo, even more questions were getting piled up in my head such as why is there no other picture of them around the house? Why has Nora never talked about her mother?

The beeping of the printer told me that everything was printed so I set the photo frame down exactly where it was before and picked the printed papers, walking back out the office and into my room.

Evan had come over just when Vincenzo left and offered to take Nora out while I worked, not like I minded her being here.

I was getting my Ipad when my phone started ringing. Without looking at the caller ID, I picked up the phone.

"Miss Parker, the meeting is finished and I've emailed you all the details that were talked about in the meeting so get me the notes as soon as possible" He ordered

"I'll get to writing the notes now Mr Rossi" I replied while organising the documents I printed into folders so they don't get lost

"Good" he said and cut the call

I opened my laptop that my dad had bought me before and the same laptop that I had made it work till now and checked my emails to find all the details about the meeting. When all the information was displayed on the laptop screen, I started to make notes on the Ipad.