Chapter 13

Valerie's Pov:

Vincenzo carried me inside the house and to a guest bedroom without speaking a single word. I did feel really bad about invading their spaces when I could've lived with Gianna and Maria until I figured something out.

Truthfully, I would also feel bad living with Gianna and Maria since I didn't want to worry them with my own problems but seeing how Vincenzo left me with no room to argue, here I was stuck in this massive mansion with my boss.

"I'll get you some painkillers" He mumbled as he set me on the bed and left

I was shocked at his kind gestures to help me as he's been nothing but rude to me from the start but I really was thankful. Though one thing that was bothering me was living in the same place as someone I'm working for because it looks wrong and it also makes me a bit uncomfortable.

He came back with some painkillers and a glass of water which I took and swallowed all while feeling his gaze.

"Thank you for helping me and I'll leave as soon as I figure something out to not cause any more problems" I said looking at him.

He didn't reply for a good minute but only looked back at me like he was trying to figure out something but then eventually replied.

"It's fine. Don't bother coming to work tomorrow. You need to rest"

"No I'm okay. I can still work" I tried to convince. 

I felt disappointed because it hasn't even been a proper day with me being a Personal assistant and I'm already having days off because of my issues.

"As a boss its my responsibility that my employees are fully well when they're working" He said sternly

I sighed "Okay how about I do the work from home. I might not be able to attend meetings with you physically but you can email me the documents and I can take notes from here and send it back to you. As well as that, booking appointments and etc can also be done from home so therefore not only can I do the work but I can also look after Nora"

He raised his eyebrows and thinks about it for a minute

"fine" he nodded "You should sleep now, it's getting late"

"okay goodnight Vincenzo" I said, pulling the blanket over me as I watched him walk over to the door without saying anything

I closed my eyes but still felt a bit uneasy.

"Goodnight bella" I heard him say under his breathe as he shut the door

—————————————————————

Vincenzo's Pov

I shut the door and closed my eyes tightly. This was not how I planned it.

My idea was to ignore and distance myself as much as I could from her but in just a day of working, she's already living in my house.

Would Elena be disappointed in me for this?

I had never let any girl in my house after Elena because she was the one who made this house something I could call home.

I went to my room and shut the door thinking about the conversation we just had. I couldn't help myself to look away from her eyes because weirdly every time I looked into those caramel coloured eyes, all my stress and anger disappeared and I only felt one thing. Peace.

I thought that if I distance myself from her, all these stupid feelings would go away and all the thoughts consumed by her would leave as well but it only made it worse.