Chapter Twenty Two

The limo pulled up at the hotel and I got out instantly. I didn't need the driver to hold the door for me so it was silly to wait. I ran into the lobby and straight to the elevators where I hit the button for our floor. People were most definitely staring at me but I didn't care. I needed to leave this awful place now.

The doors shut behind me and everything I had been holding in came crashing down. My body shook with tears and I put my head in my hands. As the elevator rose, I stood there with tears flowing down my cheeks.

Zayn had been engaged before and now he was engaged to me. He left her and he was going to leave me as well. She was much more beautiful than me and definitely wealthier so why did he leave her? I had nothing to offer compared to her.

Was this his plan all along? String me along and give me a taste of the good life before deciding to leave me with nothing? I lived with him and had no place to go to when I got home. I had been a fool. I had fallen in love with a guy who hadn't told me the truth about his past and now it was going to haunt me. I couldn't believe I had let myself fall. This has happened once and it was going to happen again. I could feel my walls being built up again.

He had lied to me about a big part of his life and it made me wonder what else he had lied about? Was he lying about everything he had ever told me? Or was he just not telling me big, important things about his past? How could he do this to me? Did he not think it was important to tell his fiancé that he had been engaged before and broke off the engagement?

And it was his cousin?! He had fallen in love with and got engaged to his cousin?! I couldn't contain the disgust that I had for him in that moment. Who the f.uck wants to marry their cousin? Was it one of his f.ucked up fetishes that he was hiding from me? Did he pretend I was her when we had sex?

Had I really fallen in love with someone who wanted to f.uck their cousin?! What kind of person was I really marrying? Clearly, this is a big thing he had been hiding from me so what other little things had he been hiding as well.

The elevator doors opened and I took a deep breath. I wiped my eyes and stepped onto the floor. I took my key out and unlocked the door. I walked straight to the bathroom and puked up everything I had eaten that morning. I felt sick to my stomach even after vomiting. I flushed the toilet and stood up.

I was done crying now. I needed to get out.

I walked to the counter and rinsed my mouth with mouthwash before throwing all of my things into my makeup bag. I carried that to the bedroom where I took out my suitcase and started throwing the clothes into it. I had so neatly organized everything and now it was getting stuffed in a suitcase. I didn't care anymore.

I shoved my makeup bag into my bag and then started shoving all of my shoes inside. I closed the suitcase with a lot of effort and then made my way around the room with my carry-on. I threw my things in it and grabbed my suitcase to walk out.

It hit me as I walked out: I had no plan once I stepped outside of the hotel. I was in a foreign city where I didn't speak the native language and I would be completely lost and I would look lost too, meaning someone would see a vulnerable American and possibly hurt me. I definitely didn't have enough money to get back home or even afford a night at this hotel so I had to figure out something to do. Maybe I could call a friend from college and beg her to send me enough money for a crappy hotel.

As I walked out of the bedroom, the door to the living room swung open and a frantic looking Zayn appeared. "Ava!" He let out a sigh of relief and then he realized I had my bags with me. "I can explain." He looked at me warily.

"I don't want to hear your stupid explanation. I'm leaving." I started walking for the door but he stepped in front of me. He had more than enough time to explain in the past and he didn't. "Move."