Chapter Two

I had been doing homework for the past 3 hours and I was about to die of boredom. I had edited my essay and made a study guide for the quiz I had on Wednesday. I was too excited to actually study so I figured I would do that tomorrow.

I decided that I should probably eat before I went because who knows what crappy food the campus serves or if we would even go out to get food. I made myself a quick sandwich and ate it as I walked upstairs and started picking out outfits.

I hadn't been out in a while so I was a little nervous. I had been to college parties when I was in high school but never when I was actually in college. I picked out a few outfits because I wasn't sure if there was a specific way I should dress. When I was younger, I would dress in whatever would get me the most attention from guys and it usually always worked. I still wanted to look sexy but I didn't want to get as much attention.

I packed the bag and shoved all of my makeup in as well. I got a text from Katie that she was 10 minutes away so I went through my shoes and found two pairs that I figured would match.

I walked downstairs with the bag and waited on the couch watching TV until I got that text that she was there. When she arrived, I grabbed my stuff and headed outside with a smile on my face.

"I'm so excited that you're coming!" Katie smiled when I climbed in the front seat. She pulled me in for a big hug and then started turning around so she could drive down the driveway.

"Me too. I can't wait." I let out a big sigh. "I'm a little nervous though."

"I totally feel ya. But once you get a few shots in you you'll be good," She laughed. I nodded with a laugh. I honestly hadn't even thought about drinking tonight, but I guess it was normal to drink so why not. I wouldn't drink as much as I used to though. I needed to control myself.

20 minutes later we pulled up to Katie's dorm and climbed out. The campus looked much more different at night than during the day. We were both freezing so we booked it inside and got inside her room.

Her room was absolutely adorable. Everything was an off white color and earthy tones that made you want to snuggle under a blanket and read a book. "I love your room," I smiled as I put my stuff on the floor. Part of me wished I had a dorm room and went through the typical college experience. But most of me wanted to be at home with Zayn.

"Thanks so much. It feels like home." She smiled.

"Agreed," I laughed. She showed me where I could do my makeup so I sat down and started covering my face with foundation. She looked through my outfits for me and helped me choose the perfect one. She choose my black thigh-high boots and a red skin tight dress with long sleeves that had a plunging neckline.

"All of the guys are going to be drooling," Katie laughed as she started her own makeup.

"I hope not," I laughed. "Zayn might have to hurt them if they start drooling over me."

"Where is he tonight?"

"Work," I sighed. "If he wasn't working, I wouldn't have come."

"Totally understandable."

We sat in silence for the next half an hour as we did our makeup. We didn't want to talk and accidentally mess something up. Katie turned on music halfway through that put me in the mood to dance.

"Zayn should totally come to a party one day," Katie offered. I know she was just trying to be polite but parties and Zayn were not a thing I could imagine.

"Maybe. I'll have to ask him. I don't think it would look too good if a cop was partying with drunk underage kids," I laughed and finished up my mascara. Katie finished her makeup at the same time too and she started pouring a few shots.