Chapter Five

Finally, it was Friday. One of the best days of the week.

Every week I found myself looking forward to Friday, as did most people, and when it finally arrived a new sense of freedom enveloped me.

It was also a reading day which meant there were no classes and the entire day was a day to help prepare for studying. I had already finished all of my studyguides and had just aced a quiz in one of my classes on Wednesday.

I woke up Friday morning with a smile on my face. I had slept in and had no worries for the moment. The fact that I had two finals on Monday didn't scare me. They were hard classes but I felt like I was prepared for them. I had a study group on Saturday and assumed I would spend the entire day on campus that day studying. Zayn had picked up a shift so he wouldn't be home alone.

I rolled around in the sheets and reached for my phone. It took me a second before I finally found it but when I did I had a message from Zayn asking if I wanted to go out to dinner tonight.

We hadn't been on a real date in a while. Zayn was busy with his new job and I was busy with school. When we did have some time together, we just wanted to be with each other in private. Now that I had an entire month off in a few days, Zayn and I could spend some quality time together.

I was excited for our first Christmas together. We had been broken up during Christmastime last year and it was crazy how things had already changed. We went from broken up to engaged and living together in a new house in way under a year. I couldn't be more thankful for what had happened.

I texted Zayn back that I would love to go to dinner with him and I climbed out of the warmth of the sheets. Now that it was getting colder, I was always cold. I had been on the verge of begging Zayn for a trip out of the country to a warm island for even just a weekend. I hadn't said anything but maybe he would surprise me. I doubt he would though and I would be totally fine with that. He would keep me warm enough.

I hopped in the shower to rinse myself with hot water and keep me warm for just that much longer. I also needed to get clean so I guess that was a priority as well. I must've stood under the water for a solid ten minutes just standing there. It doesn't sound like a long time but it is compared to how long my normal showers were.

The water flowed around me like a warm blanket that was ever changing. I always hated the process of getting in the shower but when I actually was in I never wanted to leave.

I hopped out after I had washed my body quickly. I wrapped a towel around myself and walked to the closet. I would change into something nicer for dinner but for now sweats seemed like the best option. I made my way downstairs and realized that I had slept later than I thought. Or maybe my shower was longer than I thought.

It was nearly noon and I still hadn't eaten. I looked through the refrigerator and found some leftover enchiladas from the night before so I tossed them in the microwave and set up my studying things on the counter. I looked over my notes for a few minutes and then started eating.

I prolonged eating as much as possible because I really did not want to study. Great, it was the first real day of studying and I was already losing all motivation. Naturally, I scrolled through my phone and then I decided that I should probably get back to studying. I put on some classical music because apparently it's supposed to help with concentration and I made myself a cup of tea to stay warm.

So I buckled down for the next two boring, long hours and studied as much as possible.

* * *

I heard the door to the garage opening and I looked up and Zayn was walking through with a big smile. He was wearing his uniform which still makes me drool every time I see him in it. He put his bag down on the ground and started walking over to me. "You look so cute!" He chuckled as I climbed out of my seat and ran over to him. I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist. His hands gripped my thighs and held me up easily.