Chapter 13 Houses Of The Holy

Dean is lying on the motel bed, which is vibrating as he listens to music on his phone. He looks a sort of blissful. Hermione is sitting at the table looking over some files and paper that where strewn all over it. Sam enters the room, neither Dean or Hermione notice him at first.

'Hey,' Sam says. Hermione looks up but Dean doesn't respond. Sam smacks him on the boot. 'Hey!' He says again this time louder.

'Hey. Man, you got to try this. I mean there really is magic in the ''Magic Fingers'''

'Dean, you're enjoying that way too much. It's kind of making me uncomfortable,'

'You think that its making you uncomfortable? You didn't hear him moaning all the time,' Hermione snaps.

'What am I supposed to do? I mean, you've got me on lockdown here, I'm bored out of my skull,' Dean responds.

'Hey, you were the bank robber on the eleven o'clock news, not me or Hermione. We can't risk you just walking into a government facility,'

'I still can! But no, I have to babysit him!' Hermione snaps again. Sam looks taken back hurt even. 'I'm sorry. But he's getting on my nerves,' Sam gives her a supporting smile as he turns to go into the bathroom. The bed shutters to stillness.

'Aw, dammit! That was my last quarter. Hey! You got any quarters?' Dean pulls his headphones out and gets up, crossing the room and leaning on the doorway to the bathroom where Sam is washing his face. Hermione rolls her eyes as she focuses on the files in front of her.

'No!' Sam shouts.

'So, did you get in to see that crazy hooker?' Dean asks.

'Yeah. Gloria Sitnick. And I'm not so sure she's crazy,'

'But she seriously believes that she was...touched by an angel?'

'Yeah. Blinding light, feelings of spiritual ecstasy, the works. I mean, she's living in a locked ward and she's totally at peace,'

'Oh yeah, you're right, sounds completely sane. What about the dude she stabbed?'

'Carl Gully,' Hermione shouts from the other room.

'Right. She said she killed him because he was evil,' Sam answers.

'Was he?' Dean asks.

'I don't know. I couldn't find any dirt on him. I mean he didn't have a criminal record, he worked at the campus library, had lots of friends. He was a churchgoer,' Hermione tells them as they move towards the table.

'Hm. So then Gloria is just your standard-issue wacko. I mean, she wouldn't be the first nutjob in history to kill in the name of religion. Know what I mean?' Dean responds.

'No, but she's the second in town to murder because an angel told them to. Little bit odd, don't ya think?' Sam asks.

'Well, little odd yes, supernatural maybe. But angels? I don't think so,'

'Why not?' Hermione and Sam ask in unison.

'Cuz there is no such thing,' Dean answers as if it's obvious.

'Dean, there's ten times as much lore about angels as there is about anything else we've ever hunted,' Sam responds.

'Yeah, you know what? There's a ton of lore on leprechauns. In fact, I hear that they, they ride on rainbows—'

'Leprechauns exist,' Hermione interrupts.

'What?' Dean turns towards her.

'Leprechauns they exist,' Dean still frowns towards her. 'I saw them at the quidditch world cup,'