Chapter 18 Hollywood Babylon

Sam, Dean and Hermione are taking part in a trolley tour of the Warner Bros studios, passing by movie and television sets.

'First opened in 1927, the lot has been in continuous operation for eight decades,' The tour guide informs the group. 

Dean turns to a kid next to him who was eating an ice cream. 'Hey, you know this is where they filmed Creepshow?' The boy looks at him like he's a doofus and says nothing.

'Now, to the right, here is Stars Hollow. It's the setting for the television series, Gilmore Girls. And if we're lucky, we might even catch one of the show's stars,'

Sam starts to look uncomfortable and turns to Dean, who gives him a thumbs up. Hermione looks over towards Sam. 'Come on,'

'Let's finish the tour!' Dean shouts at Sam.

Sam hops off the trolley followed by Hermione.
'Dean!'

Dean hops off as well, and they continue walking around the lot. 'Sammy, check it out, it's Matt Damon!'

'Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not Matt Damon,'

'No, it is,'

'Well, Matt Damon just picked up a broom and started sweeping,' Hermione points out.

'Yeah, well, he's probably researching a role or something,'

'Ahhh, I don't think so,' Sam responds. He notices a sign. 'Hey, this way, uh, I think Stage 9 is over here,'

'Come on, man, let's keep going this way,'

'No, come on, we've got to work,' Dean sighs. 'Dude, you wanted to come to LA,'

'Yeah, for a vacation. I mean, swimming pools and movie stars! Not to work,'

'This seems like swimming pool weather to you, Dean? Sam asks. 'I mean, it's practically Canadian,'

'Yeah. I just figured that, you know, after everything that happened with...Madison, y-you could use a little R-and-R, that's all,'

'Well, maybe I wanna work, Dean. Maybe it keeps my mind off things,'

'Okay, okay, all right. So, this crew guy—what did he, he died on set?' Dean asks.

'Yeah, uh, rumors spreading like wildfire online. They are saying the set is haunted,'

'Like Poltergeist?'

'Could be a poltergeist,'

'No, no, no. Like, the movie ''Poltergeist'',' Sam shrugs. 'You know nothing of your cultural heritage, do you? It was rumored that the set of Poltergeist was cursed. That they used real human bones as, uh, as props. And, like, at least three of the actors died in it,'

'Well, yeah, it might be something like that,'

'All right, so this crew guy—what's his name?'

'Frank Jaffey,' Hermione answers.

'Frank Jaffey—he got a death certificate or a coroner's report or anything?' Dean asks.

'Well, no. But, uh, it's LA, you know? It might not even be his real name. But the girl who found him, she said she saw something—a vanishing figure,' Sam explains.

'What is the girl's name?'

'Uh, Tara Benchley,' Hermione answers.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa, Tara Benchley? From Fear dot Com and Ghost Ship, Tara Benchley? Why didn't you say so?' Dean asks.

'So now, you're suddenly on board?' Hermione asks, raising her eyebrows.

'Oh, I just—I mean, I'm a fan of her work. It's very good,' Dean answers, trying to play it cool. Dean walks away followed by Sam and Hermione.