Chapter 6 No Exit

Sam, Dean and Hermione get out of the parked Impala. The car was parked in front of the Roadhouse.

'Los Angeles, California,' Dean tells Hermione and Sam.

'What's in L.A?' Sam asks looking confused at his brother.

'Young girl has been kidnapped by an evil cult,'

'Yeah? Girl got a name?'

'Katie Holmes,'

Sam laughs. 'That's funny. And for you, so bitchy,' They walk closer towards the roadhouse. Different sounds come out of the roadhouse like the sound of breaking glass and shouting voices. Dean turns around.

'Of course, on the other hand—catfight,' Sam and Dean slowly enter the roadhouse. Hermione thought it was an invasion of privacy but it was too late to convince the guys, so she entered after them.

Ellen and Jo are shouting at each other on the upper levels, as Sam, Dean and Hermione enter cautiously.

'I am your mother, I don't have to be reasonable!' Ellen shouts towards Jo.

'You can't keep me here!' Jo shouts in defence towards her mother.

'Oh, don't you bet on that, sweetie,'

'What are you going to do, are you going to chain me up in the basement?'

'You know what, you've had worse ideas that recently. Hey, you don't wanna stay, don't stay. Go back to school,'

'I didn't belong there! I was the freak with a knife collection,'

'Yeah, and getting yourself killed on some dusty back road, that's where you belong?!' Ellen turns around and spots Sam, Dean and Hermione. 'Guys, bad time,'

'Yes, ma'am,' Sam responds.

'Yeah, we rarely drink before ten anyway,' Dean answers.

'Wait. I wanna know what they think about this,' A mother, a dad and two kids under three enter the roadhouse. All of the family members are wearing bright yellow t-shirts that read ''Nebraska is for Lovers''.

'I don't care what they think!' Ellen shouts.

'Are you guys open?' the dad asks.

'No!' Jo shouts.

'Yes!' Ellen shouts at the same time.

'We'll just...check out the Arby's down the road,' As the family leaves the roadhouse, the phone rings. Jo glares at it, then at Ellen, who walks over to it answer it.

'Harvelle's. Yeah, Preacher,'

'Three weeks ago a young girl disappears from a Philadelphia apartment,' Jo tells the Winchesters and Hermione. She shoves a file folder at Dean. 'Take it, it won't bite,'

'No, but your mom might,' Dean answers. Jo pinches her lips but still holds out the folder. Dean takes it reluctantly.

'And this girl wasn't the first. Over the past eighty years, six women have vanished. All from the same building, all young blondes. Only happens every decade or two so cops never eyeball the pattern. So we're either dealing with one very old serial killer or—'

'Who put this together? Ash?' Dean asks.

'I did it myself,'

'Hmm,' Hermione could tell Dean was impressed.

'I got to admit. We hit the road for a lot less,' Sam ads.

'Good. You like the case so much, you take it,' Ellen tells them.