Chapter 16 Roadkill

Sam, Dean and Hermione are driving down a dark road when suddenly a woman stands in the middle of the road.

'Holy—!' Dean shouts as he stops the Impala just in front of her.

'You've got to help me,' The woman says as she goes to the passenger's side and pounds on the window. Sam rolls it down. 'Please. Please!'

'All right, all right. Calm down, calm down. Tell us what happened,' Sam responds.

Sam, Dean and Hermione have parked the Impala by the road and the four of them are standing around it.

'I-I swerved, a-and we crashed. And when I came to, the car was wrecked and my husband was missing. I went looking for him, but that's when the man from the road, he...he started chasing me,' The woman explains.

'Did he look like he lost a fight with a lawn mower?' Dean asks.

'How did you know that?'

'Lucky guess,'

'Ma'am, what is your name?' Sam asks.

'Molly. Molly Mcnamara,'

Sam exchanges a look with Dean. 'I think maybe you should come with us. We'll take you back into town,'

'I can't. I have to find David. He might have gone back to the car,'

'We should get you somewhere safe first. Then Dean, Hermione and I will come back. We'll look for you husband,'

'No. I'm not leaving here without him. Would you just take me back to my car, please?' Molly asks.

'Of course. Come on,'

They park the Impala by the woods near the crash site. As they get out Molly starts to lead them into the woods.

'It's right over there,' She tells them. When they come upon the crash site, there is no car to be found. 'I don't understand. I'm sure this is where it was. W-We hit that tree right there. This...this doesn't make any sense,' She moves away from them to investigate.

'Dean, we got to get out of here. Greeley could show up at any second,' Sam tells Dean and Hermione.

'What are you gonna tell her?'

'The truth?'

'She's gonna take off running in the other direction,'

'I know it sounds crazy, but I crashed into that tree. I don't know who could've taken it. It was totalled. Please. You have to believe me,' Molly tells them as she moves closer towards them.

'Molly, listen, we do believe you. But that's why we want to get you out of here,' Hermione tells Molly.

'What about David? Something must have happened. I have to get to the cops,'

'Cops...that's a great idea. We'll take you down to the station ourselves. So just come with us. It's the best way we can help you and your husband,' Dean answers.

'Okay,' Molly comes back towards them.

They drive down the road with Molly in the backseat next to Hermione.

'We're supposed to be in lake Tahoe,' Molly points out.

'You and David?' Sam asks.

'It's our five-year anniversary,'

'A hell of an anniversary,' Dean points out.

'Right before, we were having the dumbest fight. It was the only time we ever really argued...when we were stuck in the car,'

'Yeah. I know how that goes,' Sam responds laughing. Dean shoots him a scowling look.

'You know the last thing I said to him? I called him a jerk. Oh, god. What if that's the last thing I said to him?'