Chapter 15 Tall Tales

Sam is sitting on the couch looking through books rubbing his face tiredly. Dean is sitting up on the bed behind him, listening to the radio and eating something messy from a disposable plate.
'Dude. You mind not eating those on MY bed?' Sam asks annoyed towards Dean.

'No, I don't mind,' He answers, eating another one. 'How is the research going?'

'You know how it's going? Slow. You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If I had my computer,'

Dean nods sarcastically. 'Hmm,'

'Can you turn that down please?' Sam asks referring to the music.

'Yeah, absolutely,' Dean turns the music louder.

'You know what? Maybe, uh, maybe you should just go somewhere for a while,'

Dean shuts off the radio and looks up, snappish. 'Hey, I'd love to. That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my car is all screwed to hell,'

'Dean, I told you, I have nothing to do wi—' He's cut off by a loud knock on the door. Sam stands and goes to the door. He looks through the peephole and then back at Dean. He opens the door and Bobby comes walking inside the room. 'Hey, Bobby,'

'Boys,'

'Hey, Bobby,' Dean stands up and approaches.

'It's good to see you again so soon,'

'Yeah, uh, thanks for coming. Come on in,'

'Thank god you're here,' Dean says to Bobby while shaking his hand firmly.

'So um, what didn't you want to talk to me on the phone about?' Bobby asks.

'It's this job we're working. We—we weren't sure you'd believe us,' Sam answers.

'Well, I can believe a lot,'

'Yeah, no, no, it's just, we've never seen anything like it—'

'Well, why don't you begin at the beginning?'

'Yeah, um, all right,' Sam gestures to the bed. Bobby picks up the empty takeout tray and peers at it before setting it aside and sitting down. 'So, it all started when we caught wind of an obit. See, a professor took a nosedive from a fourth story window, only there's a campus legend that the building is haunted. So we pretexted as reporters from the local paper,'

Sam and Hermione are sitting at a table with a stocky jock boy and an attractive girl. Sam sets a voice recorder down on the table.
'Yeah, we both had the professor for Ethics and Morality,' The jock boy Curtis answers.

'Yeah? So why do you think he did?' Sam asks.

'Who know? I mean, he was tenured, wife and kids. His book is like a really big deal. Then again...'

Jen the attractive girl leans in conspiratorially. 'Who's to say it was suicide?'

Curtis scoff. 'Jen, come on,'

'Well, what else could it be'?' Hermione asks.

'Well, you know about Crawford Hall?' Jen asks.

'No, we don't, actually,' Sam answers.

'It's a bunch of crap, it's a total urban legend,' Curtis answers.

'Yeah well, Heather's mom went to school here, and she knew the girl?' Jen responds.

'Wait, what girl?' Sam asks.

'Thirty years ago, this girl was having an affair with some professor. He broke it off, she jumped out the window and killed herself,' Jen answers.