Chapter 21 All Hell Breaks Loose Part One

The Impala pulls up at Sunnyside Diner. Sam gets out of the car.

'Hey, don't forget the extra onions this time, huh?' Dean asks Sam as he hands him some money.

'Dude, Hermione and I are the ones who are gonna have to ride in the car with your extra onions,' Dean grins. Sam walks away sighing.

'Hey, see if they've got any pie,' He glares at Sam. 'Bring me some pie!'

'What is it with you and pie?' Hermione asks from the backseat.

'I love me some pie,'

'No I got that, it's just why?'

'Well what can I say, pie is a godly food,' Hermione chuckles. Suddenly Dean's car radio becomes staticy. He glances down and fiddles with it, but it turns off completely. When Dean looks back up, the inside of the café is empty. He runs into the café followed closely by Hermione. They find one customer at a booth who is dead, face down in a puddle of blood. Dean draws his gun and Hermione her wand. 'Sam?' They move further into the café and look around. They find the employees are also dead, with their throats slit. Dean opens the back door and looks around outside. 'Sam?!'

'Dean look,' Hermione points towards something on the door. 'Sulfur,' Dean races back out the front door, heading back to the car.

'Sam! Sammy!,'

Hermione runs after him and also starts to shout. 'Sam! Sam!'

'SAAAM!' Dean shouts.

Hermione had called Bobby for extra help as Dean had called Ash at the roadhouse for some more information. Bobby and Dean parked their cars on the side of the road, poring over a map.

'This is it. All demonic signs and omens over the past month,' Bobby informs Dean.

'Are you joking? There is nothing here,' Dean responds.

'Exactly,'

'Well, come on, there's got to be something. What about the, the, the normal, low-level stuff? You know, exorcisms, that kind of thing,'

'That's what I'm telling you there is nothing. It's completely quiet,'

'Well, how are we supposed to look for Sam? What, do we just close our eyes and point?' Dean hears a frustrated groan behind him. He looks over his shoulder and notices Hermione throwing something into the bushes. He turns back towards Bobby. 'I'll handle this,' Dean walks over towards Hermione. 'Hey got something,'

'No! Nothing. What is the point of having a witch if I can't even track Sam. Literally nothing,' Hermione frustratedly spills out with her back towards him. Dean walks closer and pulls her in a back hug trying to calm her down.

He rests his chin on her head. 'We will find him, all right,'

Hermione sighs. 'What if we don't? What if he dies and I wasn't able to help him. What if...'

'Stop with that,' He grabs her shoulders and turns her around. 'We need to focus and right now I need you to do that for me. Since I'm also freaking out and we need one of us to be calm,'
She slowly nods her head. 'You're right, we need to stay strong for Sam,' Dean's phone starts to ring. It was Ash.

'Ash, what do you got?' Dean asks as he answers the phone.

'Okay, listen, it's a big negatory on Sam—'

'Oh, come on, man! You've got to give us something. We're looking at a three thousand-mile haystack here,'

'Listen, Dean. I did find something,'