Chapter 10 Hunted

Sam, Dean and Hermione are standing on the side of the road next to an overlooking river.

'Before Dad died he, he told me something─something about you,' Dean answers.

'What? Dean, what did he tell you?' Sam asks.

'He said that he wanted me to watch out for you, to take care of you,'

'He told you that a million times,'

'No, this time was different. He said that I had to save you,'

'Save me from what?'

'He just said that I had to save you, that nothing else mattered; and that if I couldn't I'd...'

'You'd what, Dean?'

'That I'd have to kill you. He said that I might have to kill you, Sammy,' Hermione gasps.

'Kill me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?'

'I don't know,'

'I mean, he must have had some kind of reason for saying it, right? Did he know the demon's plans for me? Am I supposed to go Darkside or something? What else did he say, Dean?'

'Nothing, that's it, I swear,'

'How could you not have told me this?'

'Because it was Dad, and he begged me not to,'

'Who cares?! Take some responsibility for yourself, Dean! You had no right to keep this from me!'

'Boys lets take it down a notch,' Hermione tries but gets ignored by them.

'You think I wanted this? Huh? I wish to God he'd never opened his mouth. Then I wouldn't have to walk around with this screaming in my head all day,'

Sam turns and takes a few steps away. 'We've just got to figure out what's going on, then, what the hell all this means,'

'We do? I've been thinking about this, I think we should just lay low. You know? At least for a while. It'd be safer. And that way I can make sure─'

'What? That I don't turn evil? That I don't turn into some kind of killer?'

'I never said that,'

'Jeez, if you're not careful you will have to waste me on day, Dean,'

'I never said that! Damn it, Sam, this whole thing is spinning out of control. All right? You're immune to some weirdo demon virus, and I don't even know what the hell anymore. And you're pissed at me, I get it. That's fine, I deserve it. But we lay low until we figure out our next move, okay?'

'Forget it,'

'Sam, please, man. Hey, please. Just give me some time. Give me some time to think, okay? I'm begging you here, please. Please,' Sam nods.

Sam, Dean and Hermione went to a motel room to lay low. Hermione slowly opened her eyes as she was about to roll over. As she slowly opens her eyes the first thing she notices is the empty spot beside her. Hermione is awake right away as she gets up. She quickly looks over to the other bed and slightly relaxes when she still sees Dean sleeping in the bed next to hers. Hermione gets out of the bed and moves to Dean.

'Dean. Dean, wake up!' Hermione whispers as she slightly shakes his shoulders. Dean muffles something before getting up. The bedcovers slide of him revealing Dean's bare chest. Hermione quickly turns around, her cheeks burning.

'I'm up, I'm up,' He mutters rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He looks up towards Hermione and notices her back turned towards him. He looks down to himself and smiles. 'Well spit it out girl. I don't think you wanted to wake me up just to see my bare chest. Cause if you wanted that you just have to ask nicely,' Dean grins but instead of an answer he gets a shirt thrown at him.