16

THE MINUTES WERE EATING YOU ALIVE

THE MINUTES WERE EATING YOU ALIVE. You couldn't take it much longer as time lingered.

The faint sound of doctors talking could be heard from inside the room. Machines were running as people worked them.

The haze from earlier turned into rain. It wasn't a down pour nor was it a drizzle. It was more a calming one but at the moment it was anything but calming.

You sat in a chair with Bakugou next to you. To make you feel more at ease his arm was placed around your shoulders as you head rested on his own shoulder.

If you weren't in this situation it would have been a romantic moment but it was far from that.

You both waited around 20 minutes until a doctor came from the room. It was the same one who Bakugou stopped from before.

"She's not doing well, I think you should come in and talk t-" He didn't even get the chance to finish his sentence before you and Bakugou bolted into the room.

You were right, the once peaceful room was filled with a machine to help with your moms breathing. While the once peaceful women you knew laid there in pain.

She looked bad, so bad. An oxygen mask was placed on her face while her eyes tried so hard to stay open. Tears threatened to fall from your eyes but you needed to stay strong.

Bakugou took your hand into his and you both walked over next to your mom. She looked up at you while you crouched down next to her bed as you friend stayed standing.

"Hi baby, how are you?" She placed a hand on your cheek. You places your hand over hers.

"Don't ask me that mama, I need to know how your doing." A single year fell from your face.

"I can't lie. I'm not doing my best," she laughed a little. "But I know I'll be ok in the end."

A sob escaped your mouth. Bakugou kneeled next to you and hugged you from behind. He knew you needed to be comforted in your time of need.

He hated to see both you and your mom like this. When he got to know the music freak he saw performing everywhere he didn't know what he got himself into.

But he wouldn't trade it for the world. With the bond you and your mom shared he'd gotten to know her as an equally amazing women.

The women who raised you to be the person he fell for.

Your mom held your hands together as you sobbed. This is what you needed right now, simple comfort.

You knew your mom was hurting but she didn't say anything because this is what she wanted. She wiped the tears from your eyes and spoke.

"Darling I'll be ok. There is no need to worry about me anymore, I've come to peace with the fact my time is over." She looked you in the eye with confidence.

"P-please don't go! I still need you m-mama. I still want you here w-with me and I know that's selfish but I c-can't help but want those things! Why d-do I want things I can't have?!" Bakugou held you tighter watching the scene unfold between the two of you.

"We all can be selfish at times and that's alright. And there are things we want but can't have and that alright too. But know I'll still be with you. I'll be watching you and yelling at you from above." She laughed and took time to look at how Bakugou was holding you.

The little girl that grew up before her eyes was becoming someone she was not even more proud of. You had everything she didn't have, she did her job.

Something both your mom and Bakugou knew was he would always be there for you.

He didn't want to leave your side when this was over. The ash blond who didn't think he could have a family, wanted to live out his life caring and being with you.

Your mom watched the start of it unfold in front of her eyes. A connection that ran deep from both ends. It was obvious to her you were aware of your feelings for him and he for you.

"Someone will always be there for you." She looked at Bakugou who nodded at her.

He wasn't crying but the saddens was there in his face.

"I know I just wish you could stay longer."

She lifted your chin to look at her for she knew what she wanted to spend her last moment doing.

"Let's sing a song my love, yeah?"

You instantly knew what she wanted to sing. You laughed a little and started to sing a song you both knew so well.

A song your mom would sing you to bed a nights when you couldn't sleep, when you were upset, or just at random.

You started to sing the song together.

~~

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

Bakugou could tell where you had gotten your voice from.

You make me happy when skies are gray

Your mom looked at you in the eyes as though she were saying 'I love you.'

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

You looked at her back saying 'I love you more.'

Please don't take my sunshine aw-

'Good bye my y/n.'

~~

Beep~

Your heart dropped.

She's gone.

Everything around you went quiet. Bakugou still holding you like it was the end of the world while you held him at the same time.

You were alone in the world with no one to go to anymore. No one to come home to and no one to protect you.

"Your not alone dumbass."

I almost cried making this

I almost cried making this. I feel so bad and it's fake! I also hope you guys know the song because that song was my childhood. My mom always used to sing it to me even though she can't really sing haha. Well hope you don't hate me for this.
Love you