CHAPTER 14: TRAINING WHO?

The just-risen sun shone softly on the city streets of Musutafu, bringing with it a flurry of early-morning activity even after the horrifying nights of the bloodthirsty monsters lurking around for its victims.

The morning is quiet and peaceful nonetheless, with the birds chirping songs filled the air and the calming morning breeze. It is a perfect start of a day. 

For everyone, 

Except one.

[YOUR P.O.V]

Okay, it's alright. Everything's gonna be fine.

I let out a sigh before procceeding to walk downstairs. As I enter the kitchen, everyone's already there eating their breakfast as if nothing happened including the house's owner as well, minus the bandages around his body.

I'm not about to question that.

I once again take a quick deep breath as I join them.

Just act normal.

" Good morning, guys! " I greet them with a smile.

Kyojuro and Tanjiro notice me, they instantly reciprocate the smile back with their own ones which is surely brighter than the sun.

" Good morning, (Y/N)-CHAN/(Y/N)-san! "

I take a seat next to Giyuu and Shinobu, the Insect Hashira offers some pancakes, I gladly accept.

" So, how's your mission last night? " I ask while taking a bite on the fluffy pancake. The sweet taste of what they called maple syrup spreads in my mouth, like a contagious disease making me hum dreamily at such flavor.

" Not bad " Sanemi answers.

" How many did you kill last night? "

" Quite many, they're so weak. Weaker than I expected "

" Heh, says the one who can't even beat a demon disguising as him " Giyuu retorts nonchalantly, making the white-haired male fuming instantly.

Tanjiro and I quietly laugh at the statement.

Yes, both of us are aware of the demon invasion during the attack on USJ.

Makes me wonder what would the world be with two Sanemis in it, I thought, grinning.

" WHAT DID YOU SAY, KNUCKLEHEAD?! "

" Shinazugawa-san, could you please lower your tone? We're in the middle of breakfast right now "

He immediately shut up.

" Tch "

Shinobu shooks her head as I silently giggle at their antics. Even a calm morning needs some fuss too.

" Anyhow, back to the topic, we also didn't expect them to be.........so many "

The room then instantly went quiet after that. Giyuu stops eating, same goes for me while the others shoot their attention toward the petite woman.

" It hasn't been long since Tomioka-san, Tanjiro-kun and (Y/N)-chan arrived here but the amount of demons is already increasing like crazy. This isn't normal, she adds.

" I agree, because even demons take time to adapt to a new environment like this. They normally wait until a week or two before making a scene judging from the amount of demons teleported here " Kyojuro explains, earning a nod from Shinobu.

They're right, indeed.

Demons from our times are very smart to be honest, even with a blood desire of a starving carnivore they still choose to watch and analyze their opponents first because when facing a demon slayer extra cautious is needed for most of them are fully aware of what we're capable of, especially elite slayers like the Hashiras.