CHAPTER 20: THE MAN HAS COME

The roads shimmered in the heat of the midday sun. The sunlit skyscrapers pierced the hot, blue sky. Izuku sits in his temporary room for the entire week of internship with the old hero, Gran Torino. 

The teenager stares at the screen of his phone, stuck on the message he last got from Tenya Iida, which is 10 hours ago.

After the unfortunate news during the sport festival, he's been noticing changes on that little brother of Ingenium. It's not significant and his other classmates may not realize, but it's there. 

The light that once graced those blue orbs has become faint, instead dim with something else.

Something far from his morals. 

As Izuku's worries grow, a sudden ring that indicates a phone call snaps him out of his mind, and how surprised he is when seeing the name popping on the screen.

" Hello Tanjiro! "

[Hello Midoriya, hope I'm not disturbing you]

" Of course not. Though, it's kinda odd for you to call, after a month I gave you my number " 

On the other side, the young slayer only sweat drops hearing the statement. 

[Well, yeah. It's been a busy month you know? Sports festival and stuff. It is till now that I ever get the chance to properly chat without any problem]

He doesn't need to know this is my tenth attempt at calling for the past few weeks. 

The Kamado thought.

If it wasn't for Shinobu reminding him to just hit the contact name, he would still be digging in his head the ten digits of Izuku's number. 

" I see. So, you're in Tokyo? Aizawa-sensei told me you get an internship there but not exactly from what agency— "

[AMAZING!]

The green-haired boy is startled, while quickly pulling the device away from his ear upon the sudden scream.

" What? " He asks, confused. 

[Tokyo's…...Amazing! You should come here too if you have time, hehe]

Izuku raises an eyebrow at the weird and abrupt mention from the usually reserved peer. 

Though, he sure is easily amazed by some little things. 

Nervous chuckles escape from the slayer's mouth. It is obviously a white lie.

Nezu has secretly blocked all offers from the heroes. Thus, the Tokyo internship is just a facade for their demon hunting activity.

[Anyway, how's Iida? I heard the news]

A moment of silence fills in the blank space between them, until Izuku finally replies. 

" He….seems fine "

[Is he really?]

" That's what I want to make sure "

He can hear the burgundy-haired boy humming in response. Then, out of nowhere, a certain person pops into his mind as anticipation races to his mind. 

" How about (Y/N)? "

[Pardon?]

" (Y/N), She didn't come to school after the sports festival. I hope she's doing well " 

Once again, worry rises within him as it flows in every word he says. 

[Don't worry, she's recovering. Match between Bakugou-san took a huge toll on her, but overall she's good]

I bet she's whining over not being able to join this mission right now.