CHAPTER 16: RIVALRY BEGINS

Two weeks had gone by and the hellish training is now over, let's just say the Hero Course students survived it, everything went smoothly and painfully.

The heroes won't lie, even in their rookie days none of their trainings were 'these extreme' but despite that they all noticed the changes and improvements of the students. Their stamina had increased significantly day by day along with their speed, agility and combat skills. It shocks them greatly how these four people can turn 40 teenagers into nearly skilled fighters in just 14 days.

Only if the heroes knew, that was just a mere part of the Hashiras original training.

Not to mention after the encounter with Shinso, he and (Y/N) had been keeping in touch still. They would greet each other in school and sometimes hang out together during lunch, it surely was awkward first knowing (Y/N) is a master of swordmanship but after a while he eventually opened up. Tanjiro had also been a super nice pal for the purple-haired boy on their first met. Shinso now is one of the few person who know about the existence of demon slayers and just like in his promise, he won't tell that to any soul until the time came to reveal.

Guess all the needles in (Y/N)'s drawer won't be put in use soon.

However, this is the day. Where we'll see the real result of the training. Where the slayers will see how good these young heroes are.

U.A Sports Festival.

[YOUR P.O.V]

" *Sighs* Finally, no more dealing with those brats "

" Ara~Ara~, is old gramp Shinazugawa tired already? To bad, maybe you should get your retirement a little earlier now~ "

Kyojuro laughs at the Insect Hashira's remark.

" SHUT UP, YOU BUG!!! I'M NOT OLD!!! "

The angry male makes his way towards the drinking lady but stop once she turns to him, 'smiling'.

" Hmm, you need something Shinazugawa-san~? "

He frozes as sweats rolling down his face, Sanemi clicks his tongue before going back to his place, mumbling curses under his breath while Kyojuro and I are trying our best holding laughs at the back.

Aizawa and Giyuu only watch the scene unamused as they continue eating, we finishes breakfast a little earlier than usual due to the event today. The sports festival. Both Tanjiro and I are anxious about this, neither of us has ever been in the eyes of public before except for certain missions back in our times. So when Aizawa-san said hundreds of people are going to be there watching, say less I just want find a hole and sit there until night comes to slay demons.

" Soooooo, since two of us are gonna be on field pretty much the entire time, where will you guys be? " I ask, trying to ease up my nervous heart.

" Kyojuro-san and I will be sitting with the heroes if you need us "

" And Nezuko? "

" She will be with Nezu-san in his office, both of them will be watching the event through the television so no need to worry Kamado-kun "

He nods.

" How about Giyuu and Sanemi? "

The two flinch at the mention of their names, another series of curses comes from the Wind Hashira while the other one just sighs in defeat. Tanjiro and I look at each other and raise a brow which stifles laugh from the other two hashiras. We look at them even more confused.

" Pffft—About that, Tomioka and Shinazugawa will be at........ "
___________________________________________

" Finally!!! It's about time you guys arrive!!! "