CHAPTER 15: IMPORTANT THAN STRENGTH

[GIYUU'S P.O.V]

" Time's up, all of you. Get up "

In front of me, us, both classes 1-A and 1-B are laying exhausted on the ground. Panting, trying to catch their breath. Some even motionless, almost lifeless. I had given them 10 minutes rest to calm their breathing because I'm not cruel like that one browless man.

" W-Wait, 5 more minutes. P-Please? "

" No, you've rest enough. Now, get up "

" B-But, Sensei- "

" Get. Up "

Groans are thrown at me as they finally complies. Sweats covered their body as we approach them.

" Alright, young heroes! I can sense the excitement flowing in your veins!!! Seems like the warm up sessions have made your blood pumping wildly throughout your bodies, so I'm very sure all of you are ready for our next activities!!! " Rengoku exclaims loudly, making their jaws almost drop.

" THAT'S JUST A WARM UP SESSIONS?! "

They all shout in disbelief. Not like the Flame Hashira is affected by it though.

" Of course, it is! How can we train you when your lungs are sleeping like an elder? And for your information, these two weeks trainings will be all about strengthening both your body and mind WITHOUT using any quirks!!! " He answers earning many looks of shocks from the teenagers.

" In other words, we will teach you how to handle villain situations in a quirkless state!!! "

" WHAT?! "

My eyes twitch at their yells, not gonna lie these kids have something in common with that yellow head and boar mask friends of Tanjiro, who are very noisy. What was their name again? Monitsu? Anasuke?

" This is ridiculous! How can we face villains without using our quirks?! "

" Yeah, you're suppose to train us how to control our quirks! "

" Isn't the main reason of this sports festival is for heroes to assess our skills in using quirks? "

All of them starts to shout complains about this training session, at some point where Rengoku's smile slowly faded and replaced by a series look.

They stop.

" Is there a problem? "

Their silence makes Shinazugawa snickers.

" So you're saying, power is the only thing you need to fight in battle, huh? " He calmly voices.

. . .

Tanjiro and (Y/N) visibly gulp at this. For those who knew the Wind Hashira or Shinazugawa Sanemi well enough, screaming and yelling is normal coming from him. But talking calmly? You don't see that everyday.

" W-Well- "

" Fine, then "

Surprised by the interjection, we shot him our attention.

" Show it to me. What strength do you have? What strategy do you use? Let me see how SKILLFUL you are in a fight with only that quirk of yours " He casually walks forward with eyes stabbing them straight through the soul.

Seeing where this is headed, I decide to step in before anything happens.

" Hold your horses, Shinazugawa. What do you think you're doing? " I whisper to the white-haired male.

" Heh, I want to talk some sense into these brats. They need to learn what it really takes to fight for something " He said lowly but anybody can hear the dread in that tone.