CHAPTER 1: WHERE ARE WE?

The sun is still yet to rise as the forest and villagers are deep in the lullaby of their dreams. Still and serene.

But not everything. 

CLANK!!! 

" Breath of Water, First Form: Water Surface Slash " 

Blood splatters to the ground, corrupting the soil in its crimson color while the man of action swiftly moves to his targets with no remorse of such. 

Alerting the man of pallid hair as he mercilessly put an end to a demon's dying screech by slashing its neck. 

" (Y/N)'s handling ones on the south! You go finish the remaining! "

And so, the said male left for it. 

—❄—

A gentle breeze flows across the woods, blowing the leaves and makes them dance in peace while the whispers of its moves flood the forest. 

Until sounds of footsteps gratingly walking the earth silenced them all, for each one of the makers are searching for prey to fill in their growing hunger. 

" Come out, come out little girl, wherever you are~ " 

" Why don't you just stop hiding and come out here so that we can enjoy our breakfast? " 

Laughter erupts from their drooling mouths, polluting the ground beneath it. 

How they are unaware of the real predator gravely watching them from the depth of the dark. 

A pair of cold (E/C) orbs.

" Breath of Ice, Fifth Form; Cold Death " 

Mist begins clouding their surrounding, closing every exit there could be whilst the demons start to cough violently. 

" W-What is……*Cough*–happening?! "

Right then, the immortals lost all sense of smug in their being. 

That's when fear and panic strike in. 

Blood replaces the air of their coughs, each movement feels like a cell is cracking inside their bodies. Eventually, one by one the demons fall to their knees, squirming like slugs in salt. 

" Breath of Water, Fourth Form; Striking Tide "

From the shadows, a figure appears and glides through the beasts, calmly slicing the heads with ease and elegance in her wake. Not even a single drop of crimson could stain herself as she finishes in the center.

" May you rest in peace " 

She takes a moment of silence to honor those she has freed.

The girl lets out a breath, watching the wind carry away the ashes along with her prayer. 

" What a mess "

Smiling, she opens her eyes to the voice familiar to her ears. 

" As if your way is any clean " 

Sanemi smirks at the response whilst his hand finds its way to pat the girl's head, of which she only giggles. 

" We should get back now " The stoic man behind them voices. 

(Y/N) looks at Giyuu and nods.

The Ice Hashira approaches and gives a thumb's up for this successful mission, that of course is accompanied with a positive smile. How unlucky of her though to miss the small raise at the corner of the male's lips.