The Chunin Exams begin

Team 7 had been split in two.

The rules for the Chunin exams is that no more than teams of three as there is a much larger advantage than a disadvantage to having more team members.

Because of Haku team 7 had gone from a team of 3 to a team of 4, so the Hokage had split their team in half.

Haku and Sasuke are one team.

Hinata and Naruto are another.

This was annoyingly perfect for Sasuke, as much as he wanted to be with Hinata, Orochimaru would most definitely come after him.

So he could keep the snake away from those two, not to mention that he and Haku were without a doubt the fastest members of Team 7, so they have a better chance of outrunning Orochimaru.

Although Sasuke feels like a bit of an idiot, as it would have been smarter to gain a new summoning animal to help him battle against Manda's minions, he would try his best although he does miss Aoda, he was a goofy snake that kept him sane... maybe he could get the snakes back, after killing Manda, he wasn't dealing with him again.

Iruka did the thing where he attacked them to test them again, but Sasuke knocked him on his ass.

"Sasuke, it's me, Iruka!" He yelled.

Sasuke had a Kunai held tightly against his neck and a tired look in his eyes.

"Hn.. I'm not an idiot, don't test my skills, I will take the Chunin exams" Sasuke stated.

Iruka looked at him in slight shock, he didn't expect Sasuke to be this strong, and a small part of him felt proud.

The next morning came and Team 7 headed into the academy together.

"Teme, Hina and I are so gonna kick your ass!" Naruto announced.

"Hn, you couldn't even beat a mirror" Sasuke stated.

"Yeah well, you crack mirrors!" Naruto shouted back.

"And you shatter them" Sasuke retorted.

Walking up to the second floor they saw it said 3 and there were a lot of other Genin around.

"This must be a joke, Genin can't be this stupid" Haku muttered, he looked around and saw the massive crowd of students.

"I-I-it seems like t-that aren't as s-smart as they seem to t-think they are," Hinata whispered, Sasuke raised an eyebrow at that, when did Hinata get Sassy?

The four walked to the stairs, it was unfortunate there was only one, but it was designed that way on purpose.

Before they could walk up to them however the two Chunin who were using Henge to look like Genin stopped them.

"Where do you think you're going!?" One shouted.

Sasuke looked at them, he didn't want to deal with them right now, but if he exposes them like he did before there would be more people to get in the way of his plan.

He glanced at Haku who gave him a look that meant that he was thinking the same thing.

Damm this was so annoying.

"Relax kid, Gaara and I have your back," Shukaku said.

Soon Gaara appeared and grabbed Sasuke by his foot using his sand and held him face to face. Gaara was already on the next floor.

"Sasuke..." Gaara trailed off, he didn't know what to do, Gaara was just instructed by the Raccoon to go to Sasuke and Shukaku did the rest.

"Gaara... put me down" Sasuke said.