harry's birthday

{different pov, also happy birthday harold 💗}

louis and harry were laying in their bed, cuddling on top the crisp white sheets and underneath the mahogany duvet. harry decided that this year, back to back, he wants to celebrate his birthday with his one and only: louis tomlinson.

around them, the world was going crazy. so many rumors about harry and olivia that were very untrue, but harry couldn't say that and draw attention to himself and louis. harry wished so badly he could say "i didn't get her pregnant!" or "we're not married!" unfortunately, he couldn't because he knew that would leave one question: "is it louis then?"

and yes, although it was louis, the two boys couldn't say that. fear of getting rejected by the same people who would love them no matter what? yes.

so, here they sat, counting down the minutes until harry's birthday, almost as if it was a private New Year's eve party. to them, anything was a party as long as the other was there.

"you know, i'm getting sleepy," harry said, with a yawn. he stretched his arms in the arm, causing his shirt to rise up and show the leaf tattoos, planted perfectly across his hips.

"baby! you can't go to sleep yet! you've still got... like ten minutes 'til your birthday." "i understand that, lou, but 'm sleepy. haven't had a good nights sleep for a while, so why don't we shut this tv off, snuggle a-lil bit closer and tomorrow, we can do whatever you'd like." "but tomorrow's not my birthday. don't you wanna celebrate your 27th birthday with me," louis asked, barely above a whisper. maybe it wasn't harry, maybe it was him.

"not at all, love. 'course i wanna spend my day with you, but 'm just a bit tired, that's all. after all, i am getting a bit old, aren't i? now, take that frown off that pretty little face of yours and snuggle me."

louis did as harry asked. he opened his arms wide enough for harry to crawl into him. harry tucks his legs around louis' torso and he curled his arms to his chest. louis' arms wrapped around harry's abdomen, and the younger lad allowed his head to be brought down upon his older lovers chest.

harry sighed contently. this is a birthday. no cake, no loud music, no booze. just the sound of the birds outside and his lovers soft breaths in his ear.

"hazza?" "yeah, boo?" "happy birthday, darling."

harry kissed louis' chest as louis pushed harry further into his side, leaning down to kiss his temple. after one last goodnight kiss between the two men, they were off to sleep, waiting to take on tomorrow.

together.