why zayn

louis's pov  (lowercase intended)

this morning, simon called the band in for an emergency meeting. i groaned, looking over at a sleeping harry and smiled. i peppered kisses all over his face until he woke up. he giggled and pulled me into his embrace. i smiled and nuzzled my head into his neck.

"g'morning, baby lou." "morning, hazzie bear." he smiled, his dimples on full display for me to poke. harry tapped my bum, signalling me to get up. i do so as he sits up and stretches. "what is the plan for today, sweetheart?" "simon just called us into a meeting at 10. it's 8:30, so why don't we get dressed and have a nice breakfast before we enter hell." he chuckled and kissed my cheek. "sounds great, lovely."

*time skip*

harry and i walked into simon's office, hand in hand. people giving us dirty looks left and right, but we just smiled and laughed, knowing they had to work a dumb office job, then go home to their kids and insufferable spouse.

once we reached simon's office, harry knocked softly, recieving a signal, meaning it was okay to walk in. we walked in and sat down on the love seat, immediately notcing something, or someone, was missing.

"where's zayn," harry asked, innocently. liam whimpered while niall sighed and rubbed liam's back. harry and i shared a confused and concerned look, before simultaneously looking at simon.

"well, you guys were late and missed some important details. zayn has left one direction." i gasped as harry covered his mouth in shock. "why? wasn't he happy?"

"no, he claims i treat you lot too harshly and i'm homophobic toward him and liam and you and harry."

"because you are! you are absolutely insufferable! zayn developed an eating disorder because you and your staff constantly told him to 'get in shape' because he was a tad bit thicker than the rest of us. you made liam do your dirty work. you made him take random calls about merch, while we all got to roam free. you constantly turn niall's microphone down because you think his singing is bad. guess what? if he was so bad, you wouldn't have picked him for this band in the first place. louis was constantly nagged on for being 'too flamboyant' so you sent him off to a conversion camp, causing depression and anxiety that i had to fix. you are a homophobic douchebag who deserves nothing he has. you build yourself up by breaking people's self-esteem. you're not mighty, you're a coward," harry pointed out, making me and the boys look at him since he's never lashed out on anyone like that

"as i was saying, you are due for an album. we will have to record it without zayn. harry, you will take over small high notes in the new album. liam, take over the high notes during tour. niall and louis, you guys can pick which ones you want to do from previous songs."

"one direction isn't one direction without zayn. we will record this album and we'll do the rest of this tour, including promo for the new album, but after that, we're done," liam said. "son, you can't do that. you'll ruin your career and crush the spirits of all your fans." first of all, not your son. second, we'll go solo to get away from you and this poor excuse of a management company."

"whatever. don't come crawling back to me when you aren't good enough on your own." "we don't need you and we never did," niall said, getting up and walking out, liam, haz, and i following.

here we are: one step closer to freedom.