angels don't cry

louis's pov

work sucked, per usual. i'm tired of doing this. obviously, i love my band, they've become my best mates. not to mention, i met the love of my life because of this band, but management kills me. everything must be a certain way. harry and i have been dating for the past year, but we can't come out because modest would lose money. because most of our fans are girls. because harry and i are straight. because harry's a womanizer. because i have a girlfriend.

today, harry was on vocal rest and didn't come to the studio. which management hated, so niall, liam, and i had to deal with their attitudes. but right now, all i can think about is getting home to harry to take care of him.

*skip car ride*

i park my car and step out. i grab my things like cigarettes, sunglasses, phone, and my wallet. i walk into the house, expecting harry to be in our room, but he's on the sofa, crying to someone on the phone.

softly, i shut the door behind me, trying to make as little sound as possible. normally, i would give harry his privacy if he's on the phone, but when the sweetest god-sent angel cries, i refuse to sit silently. there must be an issue somewhere.

after standing by the door for a while, i gathered he was talking to his mum about management and me. i slowly walk over to him behind the couch and take his phone out of his hand and away from his ear.

"anne? it's louis. i'll have harold call you back in a few, but i'm gonna see if i can get him to calm down at all." "of course, love! take your time. just, please louis, make my baby happy and feel safe." "since day one, ma'am."

we said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone. i pulled Harry into my lap and let him rest on my chest.

"What happened, poppet?"

he only sobs in response and it breaks my heart listening to. i rub his back in reassurance and comfort, waiting for him to calm down. after many moments of calming harry's breathing, we could finally get to where he was able to talk. i figured he was thirsty, but when i got up to get a water bottle for him, he wouldn't get up, so i had no excuse but to carry him. it was adorable when he was clingy like this.

after i got his water bottle, we sat down at the dining table, harry still on my lap. we sat in silence, harry drinking his water bottle and me looking at him, adoring every minute i have with my baby, even if he is sad. he finished his water and got up to throw it away.

"let's go to our room, yeah? we'll go lay down and cuddle and you can tell me what's got your pretty little mind so worried and saddened."

he hesitated but slowly nodded. i grab his hand and we make our way up the stairs and into our bedroom. we walked in the bedroom and immediately, harry let go of my hand to jump on the bed, a tradition he does every time we get on the bed. says if it doesn't happen, something bad will happen. i just went along with it, not wanting to ruin his imagination and innocence.

we laid down and harry just sat there, so i pulled him over to me and laid him on my chest. i started petting his long hair and looking at him in awe, as most people would.

"management stinks," harry states, after a few moments of silence.

"i know, baby. what did they do?" "they barely gave me this vocal rest off. i had been talking to my mum about it for 5 minutes, but my throat already hurts. not to mention, they said we would have to come out on our own circumstances. said we can't come out until we are under different management. i don't want to leave you, li, and ni. i wanna work with you. i wanna be with you all the time. what if we break up the band and we never see each other, so you start to genuinely fall in love with el-"

i cut his rant off with the most passionate kiss I could ever muster. it shocked him for moments, but nonetheless, he kissed back. we kissed for a solid 2 minutes until we needed air.

"don't you ever sell yourself short, harold. i'm in love with you. and guess what, if the band does end after this album, so be it. we can come out then. we can get married and adopt a bunch-o babies and give them the love and care they never had. great things can happen after this band, angel. things will change, yes. but my love for you? never. it'll only grow bigger and stronger."

"you, louis tomlinson, are the sweetest creature on this earth."
"harry styles, you are an angel, who isn't allowed to cry."