a tattoo for lou

louis's pov

"get up, get up. get up!" i wake to a very energetic harry styles, jumping on our shared bed. "what in the world, harold! stop it!" he looked down sheepishly, climbing off the bed. "baby, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to yell." "i understand, that was pretty annoying. i was just excited and got carried away." i nodded, kissing his cheek and walking into our bathroom.

after i finished everything i needed to, i walked downstairs to see harry cooking what appeared to be pancakes. i sat down at the bar joined by our kitchen sink. he never noticed me until he turned around to set the pancakes on a plate. he jumped, almost dropping the pancakes. i laughed at his face and he pouted playfully. "wasn't funny, lou." "you're right, darling. it wasn't. it was hilarious." he rolled his eyes and handed me a plate of pancakes before setting his plate on the spot next to me, walking around the counter to sit down. he sat down, but not before kissing me on the head, then we began to eat.

"harry, why are you so excited," i asked, after watching him for two hours, his leg bouncing or him playing with my fingers. while he was getting ready, he looked nervous almost.

"well, i'm getting a tattoo later. i know it's a little short notice, but will you come with me?"

i mentally cooed at him, but agreed to go. quickly getting ready in black skinny jeans, black vans, and a red jumper. i went downstairs to meet harry. he saw me and smiled. "you look amazing." i laughed. "baby, i wear this on an everyday basis." "therefore, i tell you how good you look on an everyday basis." i pinch his cheek and he blushed. i laughed and kissed his cheek since I left a small mark.

"you ready?" "you are not driving. remember what happened last time?" i huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. he looked down at me, shaking his head at me in adoration and a small hint of annoyance. he pulled me into a hug. His arms around my shoulders, mine found their way around his waist. he smiled into my hair, me smiling against his chest. both of us pulled away, sighing in content. harry leaned down and kissed my cheek, making me blush.

walking out, i locked the door, while harry unlocked the car. stepping into the car, i realized i had no idea what kind of tattoo harry was getting.

after harry started driving, his hand in my thigh, i grabbed his hand in mine, causing him to look over at me.

"what kind of tattoo are you getting, babydoll?" "um, well, you uh, you see." he stopped for a while, trying to think. "do you want it to be a surprise, love?" he nodded. "sorry, i don't understand why i couldn't say that." "that's quite alright, baby." he smiled and nodded, kissing my hand before laying our hands back on my thigh.

we pulled up to the tattoo parlor, harry looked a little nervous. "baby, it's okay. you have many tattoos, this is no different." "i understand that, boo, but the thing is, this one has a meaning. not saying my others don't, but this one could potentially screw up my life." "it'll all be okay. just remember, it's on your body forever. there's no take backs"

i watched as harry sat back in his seat, laying his head against the rest on the back of his seat. he sighed, thinking long and hard about the words just spoken. he sighed, before nodding at me, telling me he was ready. i smiled, telling him to get out, so we could get his tattoo done.

walking in hand in hand, there were these buff biker dudes that looked like they could jump us, but we know them as they're "close" with zayn. harry told me to sit down as he told the man what he wanted. i sat down, harry's anxiety seeming to vaporize as he started describing what he wanted. the man smiled and told him to follow him. he nodded and looked back at me. "i'll be back in a second, sir." "no problem, kid. take your time." he walked over to me and looked down at me. "hold my hand?" i chuckled quietly and nodded. he held his hand out and I grabbed it, walking him back to the man's tattoo room.

when we walked in, it looked intimidating, especially to me. i sat in the chair beside the chair Harry sat in. the man walked in and told us we were a cute couple. we smiled at each other and thanked him. i sat on the opposite side of the artist, seeming as harry wanted to keep his tattoo a surprise, even now. It was easier than expected as he wanted it in his shoulder, so he had to take his shirt off, meaning i could stare at his abs all i wanted.

holding his hand and stroking my thumb over his knuckles for an hour and a half, his tattoo was done. carefully, he put his shirt back on and stood up. we went back to the main area of the tattoo parlor and harry paid and thanked the man once again.

back at the car, curiosity was eating me inside. "now, will you tell me what it is?" he nodded and smiled. he pulled his shirt up over his shoulder so i could see the fresh ink. on his shoulder, the word 'hi' written in all caps. in my handwriting as well.

tears filled my eyes, knowing the back story. "you got the first word i ever spoke to you on your shoulder?" he nodded, smiling, satisfied with my reaction. i allowed the tears to flow down my face, smiling at him. he pulled me into him the best he could. he kissed me on the top of the head, before pulling away and pulling me into a passionate kiss.

"guess i have to get 'oop' on my shoulder, huh?" be laughed and pecked my lips, pulling out of the parking and driving back to our shared home.