what happened to forever?

nobody's pov

harry sat on the ground, his hands covering his ears and his head tucked between his knees. he had been there for a little over an hour, screaming out in pain.

his heart was broken. so broken, in fact, it physically hurt him.

he had called his boyfriend, louis, and asked him what happened to them.

why louis stopped calling? why louis didn't talk to him? why louis stopped caring?

louis just shrugged on the facetime call.

"louis, do you still love me," harry asked, sheepishly. he prayed to god that the answer was always the same as it had always been.

'course, curly! why would it change?

however, this time he got a very foreshadowed, but dreaded answer.

"in a way, yes. in a way, no."

harry scoffed as louis explained. louis said there was nothing harry did, but louis needed to focus more on his album. he claimed he needed to focus and all he could focus on was harry.

louis needed "a break."

harry knew what "break" meant.

he watched ross geller and rachel green go through the same thing.

they took a break.

it was louis' way of saying "we need to break up, but you're too fragile."

harry asked louis if they would ever get back together. louis responded, "when it's the right time."

harry wanted to yell at louis. he wanted to curse at him and call him every name under the sun, but harry knew he couldn't.

it wasn't louis' fault he fell out of love. it wasn't louis' fault he needed to get his album out. it wasn't louis' fault. and that hurt harry even more.

harry freaked out and started flipping things, throwing things, punching things, etc.

he screamed and screamed, wanting the pain to subside, but it never did.

he looked at the pictures of him and louis on the bulletin board of their *his* bedroom. he stroked a picture of louis kissing harry's cheek, both looking happier than ever.

harry grabbed the board off the wall and tossed it. it fell to the floor with a small thud. harry stood on his bed, looking at the emptiness of the wall above his and collapsed into the fetal position on his bed.

he laid there and had sobs shake his body tremendously. he laid there, practically seizing.

he calmed down enough to grab his phone off the bed and sat against his bed, on the floor.  he opened it and instead of removing louis from his lock and home screens. instead of going through and deleting everything from his phone that had louis' name on it, he looked at pictures and laughed.

laughed at the memories.

memories like clifford attacking louis once he had gotten home from tour.

memories like them flirting through text messages because they couldn't be in the same room whilst writing songs for one direction.

memeories like screenshotted text messages of paragraphs of encouragement from louis.

every text that louis sent with a pet name for harry was screenshotted. every picture louis sent to harry was saved to his camera roll. every polaroid niall, liam, or even zayn had taken of the couple stayed on the board that now laid on the ground. harry didn't dare touch them and burn them or throw them away.

he left them.

he began writing louis a note, since the 10 minute facetime call wasn't enough time for harry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dear louis,
i'm sorry we had to end this way. i love you.
H. xx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

harry put the note inside an envelope. he gathered all of louis' clothes from his house. he grabbed a box from his garage and put all the clothes inside. he grabbed pictures off the bulletin and the walls. he took the pictures from the frame and put them in a small ziploc baggy.

he laid the pictures carefully on top of the clothes, letting one last tear fall from his bloodshot-emerald eyes.

he laid the note on top of the pictures.

he got the box ready to send to louis.

with louis' information written on the box, harry brought it to the post office, but he sat in his range rover and wrote one last thing on the side of the box.

what happened to forever?