slow speak

louis's pov

day's off are blessings. after being on tour non-stop, it's great to get back to your own home with your lover and just bask in each others presence. it's amazing to meet so many different fans and hear how our band has changed their life, but just being back in london with harry in my arms just makes everything better. 

"boo, are you okay," harry asked, sleepily. "yes, baby. i'm alright, why do you ask?" 

he shrugged, not knowing what to say. he kept trying to form words, but he wouldn't like the way the sentence sounded or he wouldn't agree with his own word choices. 

"god! why am i so stupid," he screamed, burying his head in his hands. i sat beside him in shock. in shock at the fact he thought he was stupid. in shock at the fact that harry screamed, and harry never raises his voice at anyone, even the people who treat him like garbage. 

after my pondering, i was snapped out of my thoughts by small sniffles being heard from the younger boy beside me. quickly, i got on my knees and wedged myself between his knees. softly, i took his small head into my hands, his falling to his lap. he started to cry more, his head nuzzing into my palm. i stroked my thumb across every tear falling from his sea green eyes, wiping them away. 

after a few minutes, i got off my knees and got back on the couch. i laid down and pulled harry on top of me. he squealed in shock, but got situated, laying his head on my chest. his breathing slowed, indicating him calming down. i rubbed his back and asked him to look at me. he looked up at me through his eyelashes and i smiled. 

"baby, why on earth do you think you're stupid?" "i can't talk right, lou. it takes me forever to form one little sentence. i can't say one sentence without having to say uh or um or even having to restart my entire sentence. i'm useless because of it." "harry edward styles! listen to me. you are the epiphany of perfect. yeah, you speak slow, but it's efficient once it gets out there. you're amazing, quite the opposite of useless. you aren't stupid either. you can't help it, just like liam can't help being stupid sometimes. it isn't your fault. don't you dare care yourself stupid or useless because it's not true. okay?" "okay." 

i kissed him on the forehead, softly. he smiled, his dimple showing. i poked it and he giggled. he leaned up from my chest and kissed me passionately. i smiled into the kiss as did he. 

"i love you, pumpkin." 

"i love you, boo bear."