Conversations and Confessions

Hiccup's POV

"What were you thinking!? Telling the Berkians that we are alive! Do you know how bad this can be!?" I shouted at her. I usually don't shout at people, especially at Astrid, but this was a matter of life and death. How could she give us away like this! "I did this to protect us! You know, they can change!" She shouted at me back. "They can't! 300 years of fighting dragons, and a small talking fishbone like me was the only one who befriended a dragon not counting my mom! They will always think with their axes first and brains second!" I replied and she gave me a glare. "Yet you were the first one to RIDE a dragon, and a Night fury nonetheless!" 

"If I wouldn't shoot down Toothless, he would still have his tail!" 

"Hiccup, don't say that! Without you, I would still be serving the queen and I would never have met you"  Toothless did his famous gummy smile. "And we wouldn't be as close as before" Astrid gave a small smile. I sighed. "But what about Alvin! Stoick will go crazy if he finds out we are allies with his deadliest enemy!" I stopped calling Stoick my father about 4 years ago. I found someone who was a much better father figure for me then him not counting Gobber who was the only kind person to me on Berk. "And what about the dragons, Drago's people, Berserkers and most importantly, my mom!" I was still shouting even though I really didn't want to.

"Yet, you forgave many people for what they have done to you, and you never told Valka how Stoick treated you.... Why?" She asked. My angry face turned into a plain one. I turned around, looked down at my hands and sighed. "I never told her because I knew they would one day meet. She still misses and loves him and I didn't want to get in their way. I forgave others because-

Flashback (blood warning. Don't read if you don't want to)

Blood was all over the floor. A man with a cape was standing over a younger man of about 17 years old. The larger man had a dagger in one hand which was covered in the red substance. The teen was covered not only in blood, but in whip marks, bites and stab wounds.

"Give up the Night fury, boy!"

"Never!"

End flashback

"because those were just scars they gave me for miss-judging dragons. The Berkians not counting Gobber and Gothi, just treated me because of how I looked. Even my own father disowned me every single day. That hurt more then the pain I received in the past 6 years." 

Astrid's POV

I feel bad for Hiccup. He got more mental pain then physical in the 20 years of his life. Part of it is also my fault and even though Hiccup forgave me and said that I shouldn't blame myself, I still do but right now, he needed to cheer up. "Hey, at least you got some fun getting in trouble        Mr. Prankster" I said with a giggle. "When did I ever get in trouble?" He replied in a playful and offended sort of way.

"There was that one time in Fireworm migration" I replied

"Also the Speed stinger incident" Stromfly joined in

"And don't get me started on the flight suit idea!" Toothless said with annoyance.

"That flight suit saved my life multiple times!" Hiccup replied. "And broke your hands multiple times too" Toothless said, still annoyed about his rider. Hiccup paused, opened his mouth, closed his mouth, and replied sarcastically. "Ok, I get your point"

"But if we are letting them stay, then we must let them know who we are" Hiccup continued. "So that means.... we let them know we are dragons...." I took in the information he just told me. "They will find out eventually, might as well tell them now." He replied though I could see the doubt in his eyes. "Ok" I said with a sigh.

No One's POV

Berkians watched as the two lost Vikings argued back and forth until Astrid said something to seemed to calm down Hiccup. They laughed a bit, then their faces turned serious. The Berkians were confused even more then before. Astrid and Hiccup flew down to match the height of the riders and their dragons and made something that left everyone shocked.

First, Hiccup and Astrid stood up, and jumped down to the open ocean. "HICCUP!" Stoick shouted. Then, there was a swooshing sound (imagine the transportation spell in Harry Potter XD) and two night furies were now flying next to the riders and the captured Hooligan tribe. 

One looked mostly like Toothless, a prosthetic, red, automatic tail fin was in the place next to the right tail fin. The eyes were different colours, one dark blue and the other acid green, but what mostly caught the attention of Gobber, were scars. Many scars covered the Night fury, whip marks, dagger stab wounds, and many more.

The other Night fury, looked nothing like the other one. It was completely white, and the ear flaps were a bit more round and flat. It also didn't have a prosthetic tail fin.

"Where is Hiccup and Astrid, devils!?" Stoick shouted furiously. Surprisingly, the dragon riders stayed out of the arguments and weren't worried about their missing friends. 

"Geez, thanks for the compliment." Someone said sarcastically. "Who said that!?" Stoick shouted confused. "Um hello? Hiccup the Night fury, flying next to you" Stoick turned to face the Night Fury. "May someone explain what's going on!" 

"Hiccup and Astrid can turn into dragons and they can speak from their thoughts to you. I am not sure how simpler we can explain it to you" Dagur said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

Everyone had different reactions to this information.

"Really!? That is amazing! I've never seen such a thing! Oh I have so many questions! Can you speak to other dragons? Can you understand other dragons? How is it being a dragon?" Fishlegs then continued rambling about different questions and possible answers. "So you two can turn into dragons? Cool!" Tuffnut said. "Imagine the destruction they can cause!" The twins smirked at each-other. "This is what you are thinking about?! They are devils and our enemies!" But no one listened to Snoutlout. Gobber just had his mouth in an "o" shape, while Stoick had no expression and just stared.

"Um, Earth to Stoick" Hiccup, or at least what the Berkians believed was Hiccup, turned his head side-ways, as if questioning his so-called father. Suddenly, Stoick's expression tuned into a hard and angry face. "You're one of them. You're not a Viking. You're not my son." Then, silence. 

You could only hear the flaps of wings of the dragons. Hiccup's kind and funny expression, turned into a cold and hard one.  Before Stoick realized what he said, it was too late. Hiccup was flying away in the opposite direction. 

"Hiccup!" Astrid shouted from her thoughts and wanted to go after him but was interrupted by Heather. "He needs to be alone. We've arrived, so let's first discuss what we should do with these dragon killers." Astrid hesitated but gave up. She send a glare to Stoick, as did most of the riders, turned into her human form and jumped on Stormfly.

"Well, welcome to Dragon's Edge!" Astrid pointed to the island in front of them and the Berkians gasped.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the next chapter! Interesting stuff coming soon! But for now, here is the system of the writing fonts I will be using:

Dragons- Thoughts (italics)

Dragons- Flashback (italics and bold text)

"Dragons"- Dragons talking 

Dragons - Someone's POV, time skip or Author's note after chapter (bold)

(dragons) - Author's notes in story (bold in brackets)

That's it for this chapter! Also, both Hiccup and Toothless have red-automatic tail fins. They didn't want black ones cause they are basically adopted brothers to each-other in this fanfic and they wanted to look the same and have this bond thing XD And Hiccup and Astrid talk through thoughts to dragons when they are in human from, and talk through thoughts to humans when they are in dragon form but when they are in dragon from they can also speak to dragons in roars, huffs etc. 

Bai,

Kawaii🦄