The Adventure Begins

Dart's POV

It has been a week since our father has disappeared and things, well, to put it blankly, haven't been the same. Mother is more stressed out than usual, which is understandable, but she has been sleeping less and less, flying away at night and even lashed out at Ruffruner just two days ago for no reason! We are all concerned, even uncle Cloudjumper hasn't been the same.

"Your father is strong and will come back soon, so stop asking silly questions!" 

We didn't get upset, since uncle was one of the closest advisors to dad, but it did sound as if he was trying to convince himself more than us. So, deciding that we needed to take matters into our own claws, Ruffruner, Pouncer and me went out one night onto a nearby cliff to discuss the matter.

"Mom is going crazy! We need to figure out something better sooner then later!" Pouncer whisper-shouted, which earned a glare from Ruffruner. "And how do you suppose we do that?! We are only couple of weeks old! We are just hatchlings!" I nodded my head. "I agree with Ruffruner, but mom is going crazy and-" Suddenly, an idea came into my mind. "What if we go out searching for him ourselves?!"

"Great idea!" Pouncer announced, but Ruffruner seemed hesitant. "Wouldn't that make mother even more stressed out? Plus, they would easily track us down!" Pouncer looked at Ruffruner judgingly "Oh come on! Our dad needs us! Besides, everyone are so stressed out about him disappearing, they will only realize that we are gone once we got back with dad with not a scratch on neither of us!"

I thought it through, and a soft voice echoed through my mind "Do what you think is right, no matter what the others are saying to you. Trust yourself." It was her dad's words after she was born. A small Nightmare hatchling said she would become an Alpha, but Dart didn't want to do that. Luckily, her father overheard the conversation and said those words of encouragement.

"I will go with you, Pouncer, but how can we get there if we can't even fly?" I asked. A smirk appeared on my brother's face. "I heard our Uncle Tooothless say that he and a team of some sort of dragon riders, will be going out to free some dragons from the hunters. I saw him and a few other dragons carry weird looking soft boxes on their backs. We could roll in mud, disguise ourselves and hide in them. That way, we won't get caught!" He exclaimed. 

I looked at Ruffruner who looked like he was not sure if he wanted to go or stay. "Hey, little brother, you in?" He looked hesitant at first, but then had a confident face. "Let's go!"

Time skip...

The Night Lights were now fully covered in mud and were nearing the dragons who were taking off in 5 minutes. "Come on! Just remember, be quite!" Pouncer whispered. We quickly run over to one of the dragons, who was a Monstreous Nightmare, and jumped into the open box. Before the box was closed, Dart looked at the night sky Don't worry dad, we'll find you she thought, before the bag closed and they took off.

The next morning.......

"Heather! The kids are gone!" Astrid shouted through her thoughts as she came crashing through the doors of the great hall to a meeting.

"What!?" Dagur and Mala said at the same, confused. Astrid run over to the table, taking a few breaths before continuing. "Dart, Ruffruner and Pouncer, they're gone! When I came to the cave after patrol, I was too sleepy so just fell asleep, when I woke up I realized they were gone, even before I returned! I searched the entire forest and village and nothing! Not even a scent!" 

Everyone could see panic in her eyes and Heather was the first to respond. "We will have to keep searching, the island is huge, they can't fly so they couldn't have gone far. Let's organize search parties, come on!" Everyone nodded and rushed out, but Heather was the last to leave as she saw her best friend back in her human form and burying her face in her hands on one of the tables.

"Hey, you ok?" Heather came up to Astrid, who just looked at her with a horrified expression. "No, Hiccup is captured, Thor knows what will happen to him, the kids, missing, and there is a battle coming up, and I have no idea what to do!" She let her head drop to the table. Heather gently smiled "Well, you still got us and plus, we will find them, I promise. They will be happy to see you!"

Astrid just groaned "Hiccup is better at such stuff of battle or tracking or even tacking care of our kids. Why did I agree to train the Berkians! If I stayed, all of them would be-" Astrid was interrupted by Heather's serious voice "Still missing! Nothing would've changed, if you were there or not, they would still be gone! They will be back, I am sure! If you give up on yourself, it's the same as giving up on them, why don't you realize that!?" 

Astrid just chuckled "Because then you wouldn't be here to remind me." She finally looked up at her best friend. Suddenly a roar came from outside and Toothless flew in. "Astrid! It's the hunters! They are here with the white flag!" 

A couple of minutes, Astrid was in her dragon with Heather and Mala by her side, landing at the ship of the hunters. Who was standing beside the warlords was the most shocking surprise out of them all. "Spitelout! Where is Hiccup!?" She growled, which earned a laugh from the  rogue Berkian. 

"Don't worry! Your man is not dead, at least not yet. All we want in return are your precious hatchlings, or your King of dragons will die in the most slow, painful way possible."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! Hiccup, great parenting advice, your kids will probably die out there, WHO WROTE THI- Oh wait........ I did lol More Hiccstrid coming soon, I pinky promise. Also, Ruffruner is being smarter than his older sister, cause....... I guess logic doesn't work with me anymore? XD Looks like the battle will be sooner then expected though, and the book will probably be ending at 30 or 35 chapters, is that a good number?

Stay safe,

Kawaii💕