New Comers and Suspicions

No One's POV

The Berkians were in awe. The island was standing tall in the middle of the open ocean.  Waterfalls were purring out of the top of the island, which they couldn't see because of the white fluffy clouds covering and protecting the island from unwelcome guests.  

"That's why you could never find us. Our home is only accessible by dragons, hence why it is called Dragon's edge" Astrid said, with still hearable venom in her voice. What the Berkians couldn't understand was why the Shield maiden was so protective of the fishbone she hated 6 years ago (little did they know that the two were m- oops. No spoilers XD).

As they rose up above the clouds, they were amazed by the beauty of the island. The cliffs that surrounded the island were perfect for watching sunrises and enjoying the warmth of the sunsets. In this magical place, you could also see that there were several other islands rising up from the crystal blue lake that filled in the space of the walls of the magnificent land. Forests and fields could be seen from above, with the branches of the the trees reaching up the the sky. (.........sorry. I love descriptive writing😂)

The thing that attracted the attention of the Vikings, was the village that spread across the island, with not only humans, but dragons inhabiting it. Many other Vikings were either walking next to the creatures or riding them. The village was surrounded with porches for the gentle beasts to land, however the dragon riders landed on one of the cliffs, gently setting down the Vikings first, and then landing themselves.

"This village is huge, who is the chief here? I want to speak with him." Stoick asked. Astrid just gave him a glare but replied "Well, you just sent him away to Thor knows where, and you missed the chance of possibly him forgiving you so I'm pretty sure he will pass on your preposition of talking to you in PIECE!!" Stoick just stared at her with a wide open mouth. 

"But Astrid, you can-" Dagur started but the blonde girl cut him off. "Shut your mouth or you will regret living on this island!" Astrid's axe was at this point pointing towards Dagur. "Ok, let's not kill anyone today. Hiccup will be back before sunset, he and you have a migration to lead tomorrow. How about that camping trip we were supposed to do today, and the Berkians can join since I doubt we have any free huts left" Heather calmed down Astrid, and in reply the raven haired girl earned a glare, but Astrid still had no option so she agreed.

La amazing time skip

As the sun was getting closer to the horizon, Astrid's worries about Hiccup increased. Not only that, but Valka showed up, and since she didn't know the Berkians were here, Stalka (Stoick and Valka) became Heather's second favourite ship that sailed. Astrid still doesn't know why Heather had this crazy idea of the ships, but no one could talk the female dragon rider out of the idea.

"Give it to me!" Astrid turned around to see the twins fighting for one of the poles of the tent.

"No, it's mine!" Ruffnut shouted back at her brother. "Guys!" Astrid shouted at the sibling. That made the twins look at her but completely let go of the pole. The stick flew out of their hands, and crashed into almost finished tent of Snotlout. "Not again!" Snoutlout groaned and began to reconstruct his shelter.

"Tuff, Ruff, you have the same tent. You didn't need to fight for one pole." Astrid scolded the two troublemakers. "I know, but where is the fun of building in peace" Ruffnut smirked. The  twins turned around and returned to building their shelter.

Astrid sighed. Valka noticed something was bothering the girl. She came up to her and asked "Are you ok?" "I'm not sure. Hiccup should have been back by now." Astrid replied. Stoick noticed that the two were talking about something but didn't want to interfere. Astrid needed to calm down after what happened between Hiccup and him. The rest didn't notice, but Stoick did. He saw similar rings on the dragon-human hybrids. He didn't mean what he said. He just couldn't believe what he saw, but Valka doesn't know, and he would like to keep it that way for as long as possible.

The fire that Stoick was trying to make has started, so he looked up and observed their mini camp on the cliff. Tuffnut and Ruffnut were still fighting about the poles, Fishlegs has already finished building his tent and was talking to the raven haired girl. Seeing his excitment, Stoick assumed they were talking about dragons. Then Stoick looked at the dragons playing. He frowned, he wasn't fully fond of them yet but was warming up to them. However, one dragon wasn't there. Stoick turned his gaze to were Valka and Astrid were talking, and next to them, he found what he was looking for. The Night Fury that was called Toothless, was looking out on the setting sun. Probably worried about Hiccup Stoick thought. Suddenly, a crashing noise made everyone stop doing their activities and turned their gaze to where the sound came from.

A black figure was lying and slowly breathing, not far away from Snotlouts's tent, well, at least what was left of it. "Not again!" Snotlout shouted. Astrid stared at the shape and then gasped. "Hiccup!" 

The shield maiden started running towards the Night fury boy. Some of the dragon riders followed her, including Valka. The rest of the Berkians also started walking. Astrid took notice of a small arrow with red and green markings, sticking out of Hiccup's leg. Then, it hit her. "Dragon root arrow. Eret, can you quickly fly to the village to get the antidote?" She asked. Eret nodded and whistled for his dragon. In a few seconds, they were off. "How many times should we remind him not to go after dragon hunters by himself?" Astrid said in an annoyed tone. 

In a few minutes, Hiccup was given a purple liquid to drink, or more like forced to drink since he was unconscious. The dragon-human boy started to stir and slowly standing up. When the Night fury was on all fours, he looked like a bit drunk. "What did we miss?" Astrid crossed her arms. "I was flying back when I saw them, but wasn't quick enough to dodge. Thankfully, they were close to Dragon's edge so I managed to stay awake for most of the time." Hiccup replied through his thoughts, still a bit sleepy.

Astrid sighed and nodded. Hiccup started to walk to the village, though he didn't get far. Let's just say in a minute, he was covered in saliva.

Time skip (sorry)

Hiccup and Toothless were now peacefully sleeping, quite far away from the camping group. Some dragons riders and Berkians still didn't want to sleep, so they were talking and getting to know each-other. Astrid was in her dragon form, also sleeping but closer to the camp than Hiccup and Toothless.

No one could see, but Astrid was shivering. Hiccup's ears perked up, and then his head jolted awake too. He looked at Astrid, and quietly stood up to not wake up Toothless. Stormfly noticed that, and soon the Nadder and the Fury were quietly dreaming about flying fish side by side.

Some of the people that were still awake, wondered what made Hiccup wake up. Their question was answered when Hiccup layed down beside the Light Fury, wrapping his tail around her legs. Astrid stopped shivering and the two fell asleep tail in tail.

"Does he not know that Astrid will literally kill him in the morning?" Ruffnut remarked. "Apparently not,  but we all know that Astrid will fall for me!" Snotlout flexed his so called muscles. Heather chuckled quietly to herself, though this gesture was not unnoticed. "What's so funny?" Fishlegs asked quietly without the others hearing him. Heather leaned in and whispered something to his ear. Fishlegs' jaw practically dropped. "No way!" Fishlegs shouted and Heather covered his mouth. The people that were awake looked at him. "Sorry." Fishlegs whispered, and that's when the suspicions of the Berkians started rising. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the time skips but the chapter would be too long if I added some other parts. Also, I didn't tell before, but the conversation of Hiccup and Astrid in the previous chapter was cut short. The rest of the conversation will be said in either flashbacks or when people talk.

That's all for now,

Kawaii💕