It All Ends Here: Part 2

No One's POV

With the sound of Hiccup's roar, the dragons and their riders charged, and the battle begun.

The first wave of attack were the Monstrous Nightmares and Typhoomerangs that were called from the forest and also had riders. They dove down and started firing with their powerful jaws at the ships! The hunters, who had dragons proof armour, didn't run. 

In fact, the opposite happened. The hunters started firing dragon root arrows at the attackers, and some got shot down into the sea, though the creatures did not back down.

"Shattermaster! Lead all the defences of boulder class dragons! If we can't fire at them, we'll throw them over board! Try to get rid off as much catapults and archers as you can!" Astrid roared at the green Gronckle as he charged down from the cliff. Then, she faced the people, who were already starting to saddle up on their flying friends. "Now, we charge! Remember, there are messengers who won't participate in battle, use them to pass on any important messages! We fly down to the ships, don't necessarily fight on your dragons, use all your resources! Berkians-" She turned to them.

"You come with me and Hiccup, we will find a way to defeat the Bewilderbeast." She paused and turned her head to the battle field. The sun was slowly setting down. Hiccup roared "Hold...." A moment of intense silent. Dragon riders pressed closer to their dragons. "Charge!" Hiccup finally roared, dragons and humans accompanying him and everyone flew down to the battle field.

Dragons started to fire at the ships, some of their flightless companions jumped down on the decks and started hand to hand combat. Fire was flying left and right, Catastrophic Quakens and Gronckes were hitting the ships so water would flood through the holes, but even with all the forces, they were struggling. Dragons who didn't dodge in time or didn't have dragon root proof scales were falling down either to the decks of the ships or the ocean. People were also being captured or struggling to keep the fight going on the ships. Some dragons also got controlled by the huge Bewildrebeast.

A loud scream that sounded like a roar was heard beside them, and everyone turned around to see many more dragons coming from the sun. Screaming death, Whispering deaths, Crimson Gorregutters, Sentinels and many, many more dragons.

With new reinforcements, the dragons riders shouted in joy and this sparked new energy. Everyone charged into battle again. 

Above the battle field, the Berkians with Hiccup and Astrid were discussing the plan on getting rid of the Bewilderbeast, while also dodging arrows. 

"So everyone got the plan?" Hiccup asked, while also dodging another arrow. He got everyone's nods in reply, and the team started diving towards the huge monster. Hiccup and Astrid flew straight towards the Bewilderbeast, Snotlout and Fishlegs following close behind. As they got near, they started firing at the water, and steam started to rise up and the Bewilderbeast started roaring in confusion. They all disappeared behind the thick wall of fog and steam.

The next part of the plan didn't work so well though. Astrid had to stop to help a few Nadders escape from the clutches of the Hunters, the twins vanished and no one could see them, while Stoick and Skullcrasher got shot down to a Berkian ship.

As Stoick slowly stood up with a groan, he saw that Skullcrasher was lying not far from him. He wanted to run up to him, but as he started running to his dragon, an axe shot right in front of his feet. The Chief turned to see Spitelout with a sword in his hand and a frustrated look.

"You! You are a traitor to our kind! And now, I will kill you and your pathetic excuse of a son and his petty little dragons, and I shall be Chief!" And with that, he screamed the battle cry and charged at his opponent.

Stoick quickly took out his sword and blocked the first blow from Spitelout, who charged at him again, this time with more force. And so, it continued, attack after attack, blow after blow. Until Stoick was pushed to the side of the deck, and the sword fell out of his hand onto the wooden floor with a cling.

Spitelout had a malicious smile plastered across his face. "Prepare to meet your doom! I doubt a chief like you would find a seat at the table of kings." He whispered the last part in Stoick's ear before picking up his sword above his head, preparing to strike. Stoick closed his eyes to prepare for the pain, but it never came. Instead, he heard a loud blast and a groan from Spitelout.

The Chief opened his eyes to see Hiccup, in his dragon form, standing over Spitelout, with pure hatred in his eyes and a plasma blast at his mouth. Hiccup's father slowly stood up and walked over to the two. He put his hand onto Hiccup's head, who turned his head to his father and his angry face turned into confusion. In answer, Stoick just shook his head.

Hiccup turned his head back to Spitelout and sighed through his thoughts. Their enemy relaxed a bit, which was a mistake. "Have fun in the Hidden World!" Hiccup proclaimed happily before a pair of claws dived down, picked up Spitelout and started to carry him away into the now almost set down sun. 

The father and son duo laughed it off, before a glimmer caught Stoick's eyes. He looked up to see Spitelout, in desperation, throw a sharp knife right at Hiccup. Before the sharp dagger reached Hiccup's scales, Stoick jumped in front of him and something large exploded near him. The two flew out into different directions of the ship.

Thankfully, the viking ship didn't catch on fire. 

Hiccup slowly stood up with a groan and looked around. As the smoke cleared out, to his horror he saw his dad's lifeless body, with a dagger in his chest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Ok, so now, we are over with the deaths. But! The book isn't over yet. Part 3 and 4 coming next week! And then maybe part 5 and 6, but I am still thinking about that. Not much news now really, as we are super close to the end of the book. 

Stay safe,

Kawaii💕