It All Ends Here: Part 1

No One's POV

The rest of the night and the next day was spent in mourning of the two deceased brothers. The tress were silently swaying from one side to the other, while the birds  didn't sing their beautiful songs in their nests. The sky was grey and gloomy, hiding the bright sunlight that would usually shine down on the island. The whole island was silent, except the waves of the ocean and the giant lake canals that lay through the island.

As for the people and the dragons, well, their case wasn't any better. There weren't any majestic creatures in the sky, flying through the cold wind. Instead, they were all scattered around the forests, mourning the deceased heirs in their own way, while their flightless friends were all sat in the great hall, with a mug of water or mead in their hands.

Out of all of this cycle, only two souls were not present. The parents of the deceased hatchlings. Hiccup and Astrid.

The two were seated at a small cliff, near one of the mountains of the island. It was the only place they knew they wouldn't be disturbed. Dart was staying with her grand-parents, and her mental condition wasn't the best.

"What do we do now....?" Hiccup turned his head to Astrid, who was starring down at her claws, her eyes a bit red and puffy from the crying. She turned her head to him. "I.... don't know." She sighed before continuing. "They were two young to die and honestly.... right now is not the best time to mourn when there is a battle to be won. We probably should get back, you know, I haven't made those battle moves ye-" 

Before she could move, Hiccup spread out his left wing to block her from going. "Please. We can't fight right now. Just.... just tell me how you feel about this." Astrid sighed. "I have never truly lost someone. I mean, I left my parents behind, but I haven't missed them for very long as they always pushed me too hard and rather cared about my status more then they cared about me. But, the first time I experienced true sadness was I guess when I lost the King, yet even then, I wanted to keep it all inside, as a battle would come afterwards. And now, it's like we are stuck in a cycle. Be happy, battle upon us, death or loss, repeat. I'm just........ tired from this."

She broke into tears, while Hiccup put his wings around her and hugged her. And they held like this till the sun finally broke through the thick grey clouds, and started to set behind the horizon. "Hiccup?" Astrid asked and they broke apart. "Yeah?" He asked. "Remember that promise we made, when we were flying after you showed yourself to the Berkians?" She looked at him questioningly.

"Yes, we promised that whatever would come, we'll go through it together and I keep my promises." He said with a stern look. Astrid leaned on his side while closing her eyes and murmured. "I love you." 

Hiccup closed his eyes. "I love you too."

Suddenly, an explosion has shaken the whole island, they turned around in worry, only to see the worst. A whole armada of at least over 200 ships was on the horizon of the peaceful island. It turned out that a huge rock covered with ice hit the main square. They spread out their wings and flew down to the scene.

There, they saw most of the beautifully built huts completely in ruins, thankfully, they didn't see any of their people or dragons, which means no one got hurt. They looked at each other as if they knew what the other would say.

"I'm gonna check on the great hall and tell them to prepare for battle." Astrid said with a stern look. Hiccup nodded before saying "I will gather the dragons." And with that, they both flew away.

The next several minutes were full of panic. The Berkians were receiving orders from Queen Mala and Dagur, while Heather and Eret were giving out orders to the rest of the people. Valka was with Cloudjumper, flying through the forest sending an alarm to all the dragons that a battle was starting. Toothless and Stormfly were with Hiccup, gliding above the forest.

"How is it?" Stormfly asked turning to Hiccup, who sighed in reply. "They aren't attacking yet, though I'm not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Mom won't have time to gather all the dragons, so I have a better idea. Toothess-" He turned his attention to his brother "I want you and Stormfly to check on the dragon defences, and pick out at least 5 Night and Fire terrors to be messengers between dragons and people." They both nodded and flew away.

As the two mates were flying away, Hiccup's spines started to glow and a few lightnings started to accompany that phenomenon. Then, he roared with all his might.

That got all the attention of the dragons of the island, as this meant that meant that they needed to be in battle stance. Almost instantly, the creatures started flying out of the forests and rivers and the lake. Hiccup could also see his people gather on one of the tallest cliffs, all of them next to their flying companions.

He flew down to them, already seeing Astrid at the front of the line. He turned to the dragons and the people, seeing his friends, Berkians, family and even Dart, who had a small compartment attached to her leg for papers and a determined look on her face. He guessed that Toothless picked her out for one of the messengers, and he just hoped she wouldn't get hurt, as he didn't have time to argue.

"People and Dragons of Berk! This is the battle of our lives! If we fight, we fight together. If we loose, we will loose together too. No one is left behind. This is where it all started, and this is where it will all end! Seeing dragons and people united, this is how it is supposed to be! Our generation and the generations before us have fought this battle for hundreds of years, and we never backed down, and neither we will back down now! It is time!" Hiccup roared and roars of dragons and people replied his call. 

The battle cry was accompanied by another loud roar behind them, and they turned around, in horror to see a huge Bewilderbeast with red tipped spikes, and two gigantic spikes sticking out next to his mouth, one on each side, both fully covered with dragon-proof metal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, did I start some tension? Don't worry, it is a double chapter week! Next one is part two of the battle! So get excited! Cause...... You are gonna have to take out your tissues again, and probably some knives, cause you will definitely want to kill me after this. Also, no, Dart is NOT dying, nor are Hiccup and Astrid. So hopefully, this answers your questions.

So,

Good day/night!

Kawaii💕