Surprise! Part 2

No One's POV

"YOUR WHAT!!??" Snotlout shouted. "Quite! You'll wake them up!" Astrid shushed him. "Too late." Hiccup grumbled and his statement wasn't wrong. The three small Night Fury and Light Fury  off-springs were slowly waking up, until one of them jolted awake and did something unexpected. "Guys, daddy brought fish!" The hatchling spoke through his thoughts.

The people at the entrance just froze in shock and no one could speak up. At the same time, the other two hatchlings lunged at the small fishes next to the small stream that Hiccup brought, shouting 'Fish!' At the same time. 

Hiccup laughed nervously while looking at his mom "Surprise...?" 

The cave was filled with silence that was only disturbed by the hatchlings munching on the fish. Though it was interrupted by a small cough from Astrid and she called over her kids. The small creatures looked over the humans in curiosity. "Everyone, I want you to meet Dart the oldest, Pouncer and Ruffrunner the youngest." She said while pointing each at her kids with her tail. 

Dart was a white and black Fury with big blue eyes like Astrid. Pouncer was mainly white with a black under-belly and had green eyes, while Ruffrunner was mainly black with a white          under-belly and he inherited his father's eyes, one emerald green and the other ocean blue.

The next thing they knew, Valka shouted louder than Snotlout "I'M A GRANDMOTHER!" Her voice made the small furies jump. 

Valka sat down on her knees and gently held out her hand. The hatchlings were hesitant at first, but their parents gently nudged them and they jumped over the stream and came closer to their grandmother. Dart was the first to come and sniff Valka's hand and than gently jump on her lap and cuddle.

In a few minutes, the cave was filled with 'Awww's  and 'They are soooo cute!' Fishlegs and Snotlout were playing with Pouncer, Dart was cuddling with Valka while the twins were playing with Ruffrunner in the stream.

But, the fun was interrupted by a tall man barging in with his axe out. The sight of the sharp blade made the hatchlings run back to their parents with fear and hide behind them. The man was none other than Stoick the Vast.

"Way to ruin the fun." Tuffnut grumbled in annoyance, which earned a splash of water in his face from Ruffnut. 

Stoick's gaze led to Astrid's gentle eyes, to Hiccup's emotionless expression, to the small Furies still hiding behind their mother and father. Stoick's eyes darted between the family of furies before realization hit him harder than Thor's mighty hammer. (who watched Race to the edge, will know what I mean😂😅)

"No way...." He whispered under his breath. Stoick slowly put away his axe and was surprised to see one of the siblings slowly trot over to Stoick and tilt it's head in confusion. Dart and Stoick stared at each-other before more flaps of wings were heard outside and the small fury ran back as quickly as possible to the safety of her family.

Turns out the dragon was Toothless. The Night Fury peaked his head out of one of the holes in the cave and attracted the attention of his brother. He and Hiccup made different dragon noises before Hiccup stood up and announced. "It's time to go home."

Time skip..... (sorry)

All the dragons were gathered at the island, ready to take off. The Berkians were at the back except Fishlegs who wanted to listen to what Hiccup has to say about dragons, just like Valka and Eret.

"Um, Hiccup? May I ask something?" Fishlegs asked. The Night Fury turned around and gave a small smile. "Of course, what is it?" Fishlegs seemed hesitant at first but than asked "The baby dragons aren't ready enough to fly, so how are you getting them back to Dragon's edge?"

"Watch and see." Hiccup replied and as on que, Dart and Pouncer jumped on their father's back, while Ruffrunner jumped on his mother's back. Fishlegs turned around to see that the rest of the hatchlings were jumping on their parent's back. As soon as everyone were ready and in their positions, the king and queen roared and the dragons took off.

Meanwhile.....

Two night terrors were desperately flying to the Rookery, their information was urgent to pass on to the King and Queen of the dragons. "Come on Storm! We have to get to the Rookery as soon as possible!" One of the terrors shouted at Storm. "I'm trying but we have been flying non-stop for the past 2 days! The dragon hunters won't catch up to us now, you know that Thunder!" Storm shouted back. Storm sighed. "I know, but we have to tell them as soon as possible that a whole armada bigger than a Bewilderbeast is going to attack in a month!"

Back to the dragon migration.....

"So let me get this straight, your kids are the Night Lights? And you are King and Queen of all dragons when the previous King rewarded you for killing the Red Death who would eat her subjects if they didn't bring enough food and that's why they raided us?" Fishlegs revised the whole story. 

"Yep. Pretty much!" Hiccup and Astrid replied at the same time. Fishlegs squealed "That's amazing! How did you two even get together anyway?" Astrid laughed nervously "Let's just say it involved a lighting bold, a scared Stormfly and an untrained Sleuther." 

Then, Hookfang and Snotlout flew up above them. "Hey, aren't you like the fastest species? Why don't you show off?" Snotlout smirked, but then realised it was a mistake as Hiccup smirked in his draconic way. 

Astrid picked up her kids from Hiccup's back, and as soon as the weight was lifted off his back, he folded his wings and started bolting down with an immense speed. When he was coming close to the ocean and still not unfolding his wings, concern flooded over Snotlout's and Fishleg's face, while the dragons riders and Toothless, who was behind them with Stormfly and his black hatchling Nadders, (I  ship Stormless XD) just smirked. 

Soon, Hiccup unfolded his wings and a big trail of water started to rise behind him. He darted between the Thunderdrums that were swimming next to him, and than rose up to the clouds, and started to fly around them with a huge agility, but suddenly he stopped, looking over at something in the distance.

The flock of the migrating dragons caught up and also freezed mid-air. Valka and Eret had horrified look on their face while the Berkians were confused and flew up to the front. Fishlegs asked Hiccup what the island before them was. Hiccup was struggling to answer but than gulped and answered quietly enough so that the Berkians could hear. 

"Dragon Graveyard."

------------------------------------------------------

So.... Did I get ya'll excited? The dragon graveyard will be super important in the story, and it will be a bit inspired by Raya and the Last dragon but I won't be copying the concept. I loved the movie and recommend to watch it!🤩🤩 Don't forget to stick around for the climax, cause it will get messy! 

Spoiler warning! Don't read if you don't want to after this sentence!!

3 characters die at the end of the climax!

Peace out,

Kawaii💕