Training

No One's POV

"Alright everyone! There are a few rules you should remember when fighting on your dragon, one is that you aren't fighting on them, but WITH them." Astrid said addressing the Berkians. The battle with the warlords and the newly found Berkians was coming up, and the Chieftness was put in charge of training their new dragon allies, ironically the Chief, Gobber and the gang from Berk itself.

"Anyone know the second rule!?" Astrid practically shouted. Everyone just stayed silent, which made the Chieftness sigh. "The second rule is that you should NOT rely on your dragons! You work as a team! Is everything clear?" Everyone in the arena frantically nodded.

"First, you will need to learn the formations in the sky, now get on the dragons or you will be cleaning the dragon stables for weeks!" Astrid shouted which made everyone quickly oblige to her orders as no one wanted to even think about cleaning out the stables.

Everyone rose to the clouds, with Astrid not far behind them on Stormfly. "Ok, first formation, diamond, go!"

Time skip

The Berkians lay on the ground of the arena exhausted from Astrid's intense training. "Everyone up! You have one more task coming up!" Astrid shouted as everyone started to slowly get up from the ground "Please don't say more axe throwing, my arms are still sore from that!" Snotlout exclaimed. "It's none of that, it's a game!"

"Yes, finally!" Snotlout cheered. 

"Now listen up, there are 6 flags hidden in the depths of the Lonely forest, your job is to collect as many as you can before sunset, but it won't be that easy!"

 Tuffnut and Ruffnut groaned, while Astrid continued "Hiccup, and some other dragons will make obstacles on the way, and their job will be to protect the flags, I will be watching from above. Now go!" Nobody moved. "What are you standing there like a bunch of Buffalos?! When I say go, you go!" Everyone rushed to their dragons and took off to the Lonely forest.

Now, the Lonely forest had it's name because of where it was located. It was a huge forest on one of the islands on Dragon's Edge, the only difference was that it was the only forest standing by itself on an island, not even a bridge was attached to it, which meant just like where it was located, it would only be accessible by flight.

As the Berkians landed in a clearing on the forest grounds, everyone immediately went their separate ways, some on their dragons, others next to them. The first to come across an obstacle was Fishlegs.

"What do you say Meatlug, where could Astrid hide the flags?" Fishlegs asked his friend. The dragoness just growled in reply and they continued walking. Suddenly, a small blast of fire hit their legs, which made them run for their lives. Little did they know, that two small Night Lights were hanging from some tree branches like bats, laughing hysterically.

On the other end of the forest, Gobber was quietly walking through the forest, questioningly looking at every little detail of the woodland, looking out for the flag. After a few minutes of inspecting a small clearing, he and Grump came upon a giant oak, right at the border of the clearing. "What d'ya say Grump? Maybe i' could be here?" But Grump didn't have a chance to respond, as he collapsed on the soft grass of the field. "Ay, you lazy reptile." Gobber chuckled and then looked up  at the giant tree again.

Soon he started climbing the oak, but never reached the top, as a few Nadder spikes hit near his hands, and Gobber fell towards the soft ground, not blacking out, but starting to feel dizzy from the fall.

In another place of the forest, the twins and Snotlout were walking next to their dragons inspecting a place filled with maple trees and ivy leaves hanging from the branches. "C'mon dumb-heads! There has to be a flag somewhere here! Help me find it!" Snotlout scolded the twins. "Argh, calm down Snot-face!" Tuffnut complained, and as the bickering between the twins and Snotlout started, a black shape quickly dashed through the trees. The action didn't go unnoticed though.

"Shh, guys, did you see that?" He whispered, gesturing with his hand towards some trees. "What? Is there a hawk? Or a chicken?" Tuffnut joked. Suddenly something wrapped it's claws around Ruffnut's shoulders, and she was took off into the bright sky, the two boys running after her.

Now how about looking from the prankster's perspective? Hiccup was jumping from tree to tree, looking out for the people who were participating, and soon found one. His dad. He was walking next to Skullcrasher, right into a trap of nets, which were covered in leaves. The Night fury almost gave out his hiding spot by laughing. Though his laughing face quickly turned into one of curiosity, as Stoick stepped over the nets, Skullcrasher following him.

Alright, plan B, he thought with a smirk on his face. Hiccup quietly flew above the duo, as Night furies were known for their stealth, and fired a plasma blast close to Stoick's feet, making him trip over and get caught in one of the nets. To not give away that it was his doing, he quickly flew away to the clearing where the game started, before Skullcrasher or his father could notice.

Just as the sun begun to set down, everyone met up in the same clearing. Astrid was there too give everyone some good shouting "Ok, how many flags has each of you found?" Turns out only Fishlegs found two flags, and Stoick one. The rest were empty handed. Astrid sighed "Your problem was that you didn't work as a team. Working together is an important element of being a dragon rider, so tomorrow, I expect you to do the same exercise, AGAIN!" The Berkians groaned.

Then, Astrid heard wing flaps from above, looking up she expected to see Hiccup, but it was Eret on Bone, and just by looking at his face, you could tell he was worried. "Chieftness, I'm afraid I have bad news, Hiccup was captured by the Dragon hunters."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Cliff-hanger!! It's almost half way through the book, after that, there won't be a sequel, or any book for that matter I'm afraid :( This fanfic will be completed though, and I'm predicting probably around the time of July, August or September. I would like to know, what is the average of chapters for a completed Httyd fanfic?

Good day or night (depends where you live XD)

Kawaii💕