A Simple Morning...Or Not?

No One's POV

In the morning, everyone had some surprises awaiting for them. Firstly, it turned out that it snowed during the night, so everything was looking like a Winter Wonderland, but the Wonderland is a place of mischief and astonishment. Hiccup and Astrid were gone, and so were Toothless and Stormfly. Ruffnut thought that Astrid was chasing Hiccup down to the end of the Archipelago and they took their dragons and ran off, but Tuffnut objected because they can turn into the creatures, so one thing lead to another, and it wasn't long before the twins were trying to crack their opponent's head.

"Guys, calm down! Hiccup and Astrid are most likely checking that everything is ready before the migration" Heather interjected. Fishlegs put on his confused look "What kind of migration, if that's ok to ask?" Heather turned around and smiled "Every Winter, say 1 or 2 weeks before Snoggletog, the dragons migrate to and an island to lay their eggs and hatch them. The eggs can't stay with us, because they explode once they hatch. Hiccup and Astrid have to fly with the dragons to protect them in case the Dragon Hunters will attack, and before you ask why only they, it is because it isn't really safe for humans to be around dragon mothers during the birth of their hatchlings." 

"That's why they never attacked us during Snoggletog!" Gobber said amazed. "Ok, now let's go. Hiccup left me a letter to take you on a small tour, but first we will make a stop at the Great Hall for some breakfast." Eret said. "We will catch up later, first we need to have a small chat." Valka said, and Eret nodded in understanding. The Berkians shrugged and they went off. 

The village was quite empty but some people were still out. As they passed, they could feel curious eyes, both of dragons and Vikings, stare at the Berkians. The Hooligan tribe looked around the unfamiliar place. They could see nicely decorated perches above some houses for the flying creatures that inhabited the island to land on. Then they came to a quite open space, with a small fountain in the middle. "This is the main plaza." Eret said while pointing in front of him. "There is also usually a market here, but today we say a temporary goodbye to our dear friends so mostly everyone are at the Great Hall, which you can see on that hill." Eret then pointed at a quite big building on the East side of the island. 

Snotlout scoffed "So, how are we supposed to get there? We can't fly like you can." Valka's cheery voice then came from above. "Well, then you have no choice!" Before Snotlout could protest, it was too late. He and Stoick were high above the ground in the claws of Valka's Stormcutter. "Not again!" They said at the same time.

Tiny time skip

Once the Berkians stopped their ranting, and everyone were on the ground (including Dagur and Heather), they entered the Great Hall and what they saw amazed them even more then before.

It was very crowded. Dragons hanging on their tails from the ceiling, Vikings making sure that young dragons don't steal their food. Some inhabitants even throw food across tables. On the very back of the building, there was a long table with rather more civilized people, sitting on tall chairs, their dragons eating fish next to them. On the middle chair, the Berkians spotted Astrid and Hiccup. They assumed that the people sitting there were the council.

"Well, welcome to the messiest place on Dragon's Edge, not counting Hiccup's desk." Eret joked, and that earned a laugh from the riders. "Well, excuse me while I try to convince my brother from making plans and actually resting." Dagur said annoyed, and went off. That comment though, made the guests look up at Hiccup who was at the table, staring at something that looked like a map, he had a serious face and both hands in knuckles ready to punch someone. "Ok, let's go. I will show you your seats." Valka said and they went off.

Hiccup's POV

"If we go around the Melody Island, there is less of a risk we will bump into the dragon hunters, but the flight will be longer." I said. I haven't really rested much but I was used to this, and it is better to be safe than sorry. Astrid looked up at me with worry in her eyes and I instantly knew where this was going.

"Hiccup, the idea is great, but we talked about this. You need rest, you barely slept for the past week." I sighed  "I know but the route we are  taking needs to be safe and secure. We have over a thousand dragons to take care of." Astrid put her hand on my shoulder. "And you also have over a thousand emotions and thoughts running through your head right now. Just take a break, get some sleep, fly around, and I will tell you when we will start going." 

"She isn't wrong brother. We will take care of everything." Dagur came up to us and smiled. I thought about it and decided that I am not winning this argument. "Fine, but are you sure you can handle everything here while I'm gone?" They shot at me a glance that clearly said 'Are you seriously asking this right now?'. "Fine, fine. I'm going." And with that, I gave a quick scratch to Toothless and started walking away.

As I walked by the table where the Berkians were eating, I could feel Stoick's eyes just starring at me. I also heard Snotlout asking 'What happened with his leg?' My mom was also there, and honestly, I just wanted to shout out the truth to her about what kind of man her husband was, but I managed to keep more or less under control and just walked by. 

No One's POV

After breakfast, Eret showed around the village. He showed the Chief's house, the Blacksmith workshop, and the market, which was already set up after they left the Great Hall. 

Gobber wanted to ask a question, but was interrupted by the sound of the horn. "Looks like it's time for the dragons to take off. Let's go, it is quite the sight." Eret waved his hand as to follow him. Soon, they arrived at the cliff, and the words of Eret were confirmed. It looked like the whole village has gathered on the cliff, many dragons standing next to them. At the front were Hiccup and Astrid exchanging words with a woman dressed in black and gold armour.

After a few minutes of exchanging small goodbyes between the riders, Hiccup and Astrid turned into dragons and roared to get the attention from everyone that were gathered. The light fury took off first and the other dragons started following her. Soon, most of the flying creatures were in the air. Hiccup gave one final glance at everyone, and then took off with the rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is up! I can't believe this book has reached over 700 reads!!! Thank you so  much!

😆

Till next time,

Kawaii :)