Chapter 40

There are times in a man's life when he'd enjoy a good view in front of him despite the danger the scene posed.

Yet, I couldn't get myself to enjoy the sexiness of the girl in front of me who seemed hell-bent on tagging me with the ball in her hand. She was showing an unhealthy amount of interest in me. But, the worst thing about her was the unhinged madness and bloodlust I felt barely being controlled by her.

Something was wrong. There was something about her that rang warning bells in my head. Despite never having seen her in my life, her will felt familiar.

Ignoring the thought of familiarity, I let the warning senses dominate that kicked in my fight back response.

What... You really thought I'd have 'flight' in response to danger? Never! A hero never runs away from peril! A quick response to her hopeless attempts was in order.

Covering my body with armament, I dashed towards her with a sudden boost of speed that took her completely off guard.

I wasn't taking any chances. Given the feeling of unease and lust for blood and spilling guts I could sense in her, I wanted her away from everyone. So, pushing down the twang of pain in my chest for hurting a sexy girl who was generous enough to show enough skin on her chest to make Kaminari have a nosebleed, I rammed my knee into her abdomen like an unstoppable spear.

The girl doubled over and screamed in pain. Lucky for me that all the noise created by Katsuki and his explosions covered her screams. I wasted no further time and tagged her with the ball in her hand and eliminated her.

Given the way she was coughing bile out, perhaps I hit her too hard. But the thought quickly vanished when I sensed her letting go of her bloodlust just for a second.

I breathed a sigh of relief as she was taken out of the arena by the exam officials. Whoever the girl was, I never wanted to meet her again.

Soon after, Mera, the main organiser announced, "Zero left!! Hundred people!!! That's it, folks! The exam has been completed! Well then, it pains me to say this but those of you who havefailed to pass will need to withdraw from the premises."

We all were happy. Each and everyone of class 1-A had passed the first test, even Mineta.

As the rest who had failed began leaving, Mera announced, "Well then, to the 100 of you who passed, please take a look."

As we watched...

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*BA-DOOOOM*

... The entire battlefield from the first test was blown up in smithereens!

'What the fuck?!'

I looked over at Katsuki who had a maniacal grin on his face, his eyes crazed and his breath labored.

'This dude is seriously sick. Holy shit!! He is totally in a high right now!'

I shook my head and looked back at the screen. As the dust and smoke cleared, I could see numerous people of all ages walking towards the wreakage of what was left of the battlefield. It was none other that the HUC, a group specialising in rescue.

"This will be next and last stage for your exam! At this disaster site, we'll be having you all conduct rescue maneuvers."

Everyone was given a set number of points and the rescuees were the examiners themselves who would deduct points depending on errors made by us.

"You have a plan, don't you? Broccoli head!"

I was a little startled and exclaimed, "Gah! Bakasuki! That's the best you can come up with?!"

"Huh?! You wanna go, shit-face?!"

"What about your face?! Even you mom hates it! Maybe you'll be less ugly if you blow it up!"

"You really have a death wish, huh?!"

I sighed and said, "Of course I have a plan. I know exactly where all the rescuees are. Yao-momo! I need you!"

Ten minutes later, all hundred of us walked into the collapsed battlefield with maps that had the exact location of every rescuee marked on them.

It was not a competition. More the participants passed, the better. The country needed more heroes.

All was going well. We were rescuing people in record time. Just when I was about to think how easy it was, I felt a disburbance, a hostile intent was developing from thin air.

I was on guard and ready to tackle whatever the officials had decided to throw at us. What I was not expecting was the fight Todoroki and the wind guy from Shiketsu High were having.

With no regard for their fellow examinees or the rescuees, the two were going at each other with fire and wind, two things that complemented each other.

I wasted no time and launched into the air and towards them with thoughts of kicking butt in mind.

Suddenly..

*BOOM*

Blasts everywhere...

To protect the citizens, heroes are not only meant to carry out rescue opperations... They have to repel the attacks from the villains.

So was the case during the exam. And as the villain, it was none other that Gang Orca himself, the number ten hero.

Meanwhile, the two lunatics were still fighting. So, like any good hero I did what I could. I blasted the two with a strong wave of conqueror's haki and made them faint on the spot.

"Now that the brats are taken care of... will someone drag those idiots away?"

As the two were dragged away, I launched towards Gang Orca anf engaged him in battle with to aim of pushing him away from the rescuees.

Slowly, the others also came and started defending against the villains.

All in all, it was a success.

I could see that Gang Orca's movements were incredibly slow. So, I had to pull my punches so as to not inflict too much harm.

As we kept on fighting, I got excited and hit him a little too hard. As a result, the armour he was wearing shattered and he was sent flying through a broken wall.

The whale hero got up, sighed and said, "The restrictive protector really made it hard to move."

I smirked in anticipation of his next attack. Since I broke the 'restrictive protector', I understood that his next move would be a lot stronger.

"Erm... If I could have your attention please. All stationed members of the HUC have been rescued from the crisis area. This may be considerably selfish of me, but with that I must bring these provisional examinations to an end."

Even Gang Orca was a little disappointed. I could tell he wanted to continue fighting.

A while later, we all gathered around the big screen as Mera addressed us.

"Hello everyone and thank you for waiting. You've all worked hard. I will now begin by presenting the result of the examination. But, before that, I have a few words to say. In terms of how we went about evaluating you... Between us, the members of Hero Public Safety Comission, and the HUC, we had two systems of point deduction that were combined to evaluate your performance. In short, we were examining both the quality and the nature of your conduct in situations of crisis. The names of all those who passed will be displayed in alphabetical order. Please, go ahead and review your results."

I passed, obviously. In fact, everyone from class 1A passed except Todoroki. I was surprised that Katsuki managed to scrape by but the boy had mellowed down a lot.

At the end of the day, I finally hand my provisional license. I was ready to step into the world of of professionals and walk among them.