Chapter 19

Watching Kendo's and Katsuki's battle was making me anxious. Katsuki was doing everything he could to blast Kendo away as she desperately evaded his attacks.

The battle was intense. Kendo was a trained fighter while Katsuki mostly relied on his masterful control over his quirk and his battle instinct.

Using her big fist quirk, Kendo swung her palm towards Katsuki's side and managed to hit him. But Katsuki managed to soften the blow by creating an explosion against her palm.

Kendo stumbled away as she winced in pain. Meanwhile, Katsuki managed to prevent himself from being eliminated by a ring out as he used his quirk to stop himself from going over the boundary.

In a desperate attempt to win, Kendo ran towards Katsuki and attempted to hit him with a powerful palm strike. But Katsuki's instincts took over and he jumped over her head.

Kendo immediately realized that she made a grave error in her judgement. She tried to turn around but was sent flying outside the ring by an explosion against her back.

"Kendo has been eliminated by ring out!! Bakugo advances to the finals!!!"

The spectators cheered for both of them.

After an enthusiastic 'YEAHHH!!' Present Mic rallied the spectators, "Looks like the final is set. It's Midoriya Izuku versus Bakugo Katsuki!!!"

There was a fifteen-minute break before the final round began.

I met Kendo as she was making her way to Recovery Girl. Her eyes were a little puffy and watery, means she had been crying, of course she was crying. She had lost in semi-finals just a few minutes ago.

I exhaled and said, "Come on."

She just wordlessly followed me as we made our way to Recovery Girl. Once there, Recovery Girl healed her, gave her a few gummy bears and went away to check on Aizawa-sensei who had not visited for his check-up.

Kendo was sitting on the bed and I was standing right in front of her.

"Wanna talk about it?"

Kendo looked up at me and took a deep breath before replying, "I really wanted to win and face you in the finals. I don't think you remember me, but we used to go to the same dojo in our childhood."

I smiled and replied while ruffling her messy hair, "How could I ever forget my tomboyish sparring partner? You were the only one who could give me a challenge. Training at the dojo was really boring after you and your family moved away."

Itsuka pouted and looked away as a blush crept on her cheeks, "I resent that! I could never defeat you. And stop ruffling my hair! They are already very messy, stupid Zuzu! I was so formal with you because I thought you forgot about me. I bet you were having a lot of fun seeing me act like that."

I smirked as she grew indignant and huffed, "It was funny seeing you struggle so much while talking to me. You were so uptight I had to try my best not to start laughing."

Itsuka growled as the blush on her cheeks grew brighter.

I placed my hand on her head and gently rested my forehead against hers. Smiling and ignoring the steam coming off her face, I said, "I missed you, Ken-chan. You fought brilliantly today. No matter what anyone says, I'm proud of you. From that tomboy who I believed was literally a boy for many weeks, you've grown up to be a very responsible and a wonderful girl."

As I moved away, I heard her mummer meekly, "I missed you too, Zuzu."

Before we could talk more, her classmates barged into the room and were about to say something when they all went quiet upon seeing me standing near Itsuka.