Chapter 10

U.A. Sports Festival, an yearly festival for students to show off their quirks and get chosen by hero agencies. It was a testament of their potential to be a strong hero.

But given the recent villain attack, I wasn't sure if this was a good idea. Yeah, the school wanted to show that the attack hadn't affected them and to some extent I agreed with it. But, the festival also meant that everyone all over Japan would be watching us use our quirks. I for one didn't want to show too much about my powers.

There was a reason why many heroes chose to stay in the shadows. The lesser the villains knew about their quirks, the better they could perform their duties in apprehending them.

Heroes like All Might were the face of the hero society in Japan. They were the public symbols that instilled a sense of safety in the hearts of people.

But what kind of hero did I want to be? Someone like All Might? Someone who filled people with hope? Or someone who resolved crime from the shadows, dealing with villains by using fear as a tool? Making the villains afraid of the empty streets where they once terrorized the civilians?

(A/N: If someone didn't get the reference, he's deciding whether to be like superman or batman).

Later that day, as we were about to return to our homes, our classroom door was crowded by other first year students.

As I walked towards the door, I heard Mineta speak.

"There's no way out! What are they here for?"

Katsuki casually replied as he walked towards the door, "Scoping our competition, duh, small fry. 'Cuz we are the kids who survived the villain attack. Makes sense they'd want a look before Sloets Festival. No point though. Move aside, Cannon Fodder!!"

Iida shot his hand forward like a robot and exclaimed, "Can we not address people we do not know as cannon fodder?!"

Right then, a bored and tired voice of a boy echoed from the crowd, "It's true, we came to get a look, but you sure are modest. Are all the kids in hero course like this one?"

"Huh?!" Katsuki exclaimed in a challenging way.

The boy continued, "Gotta say, I'm disappointed if this is what you're offering."

Disappointed? Was he trying to provoke us?

"Those of us who didn't make it in the hero course are stuck in general studies and other fields. There's quite a few of us, did you know that? Depending on the results of this sports festival, they might consider us transferring to the hero course. I understand the reverse is also true for you guys. Scoping out the competition? For a general studies kid like me, this will be the perfect chance for me to knock you off the pedestal. Consider this a declaration of war."

Well, if he was there to provoke us, he had succeeded. Before he could walk away, I began, and as usual, I used my will to make everyone listen, "Hey wise ass!! If you want to be in the hero course you just have to show you're capable enough in the sports festival. Coming over here and mouthing us off like that, your words hold no meaning if you have no ability to back them up. Let your performance do the talking. Your disdain for us is totally uncalled for."

Adding some more Conqueror's will to my voice, I continued, "And declaration of war? You're taking that word way too lightly. I understand this is very important to you but still, it's just a sports festival. Stop being so bratty. Now I'd like to ask all of you to move aside. You're blocking our way."

There was palpable silence among the crowd as the boy walked away without sparing us a glance. It seemed like he really did have some issues with us.

Even though their competitive nature was admirable, that didn't mean I'd just take their shit. I released some more Conqueror's will and forced them to make way for us to leave.

(BNHA)

Determined to give it our all, each of us trained in our own way.

The two weeks, flew right by.

I trained at the then cleaned up Dagobah Beach. It used to be a garbage dump before a community service group began a cleanliness drive, for which I too had volunteered.

I ran for hours at the beach, trying to improve my stamina and endurance. I was fast, but only in short bursts unlike Iida who could run for longer distances at higher speeds.

I did shadow boxing against the waves as I tried to find ways to further inprove my quirk.

It was a particularly stormy day while I was doing shadow boxing in the waves. It was foolish of me to do so in such a weather but I couldn't pass up the opportunity of facing more violent waves.

Unlike usual, my attacks were unable to cut through them. I needed more force to not be overwhelmed by the fury of the sea.

Then, something happened. At first I thought I was hallucinating. But as I kept hitting the waves, I could see them getting cut through with every attack from my fists.

My armament covered fists were glowing and growing bigger. But I didn't feel any extra weight in them. As I kept attacking the waves, I observed the greenish glow getting brighter and my fists getting translucent.

I could see the faint outline of my forearms and hands under the glow. The realisation finally dawned upon me. It wasn't that my fists were getting bigger. No, my armament was showing itself outside my body. Unlike an armour, it was now acting like a barrier.

I tested it by attacking some more waves and was ecstatic with the results. The force behind my attacks had increased exponentially as they were cutting through multiple waves at once.

With an enthusiastic yell, I punched the waves with all of my strength. The waves were obliterated as my attack split the sea apart, atleast the few feet of the surface of the sea.

My abilities were growing. With a newly invigorated resolve, I trained to perfect my new ability.

I was ready to face anything during the sports festival.

(BNHA)

A/N: I'll be expanding Midoriya's new ability as I release more chapters. Though what do you guys think it'll eventually be?

And yeah, I finally introduced the legendary Dagobah beach!! It's been used in every fandom so why not here too? I'll make this whole training session at the beach more significant in later chapters.