Chapter 33

I didn't know for how long was I unconscious.

I could hear some people talking around me. Keeping my eyes closed, I listened...

"Hey! Hey! can I taste his blood? I wonder what he'll taste like!"

"Himiko! The boss wants him alive and awake!"

"Well, maybe he'll wake up when I cut him up!"

Quietly, I took a whiff of the air. The smell, it was that of alcohol... I was in a bar... or a club... which didn't have many visitors. It was either at a distant and secluded area or had been closed for a long time.

"Why are we keeping him alive anyway? He was among those who took down Stain! I say we slice him into pieces and send his head to U.A.!"

The boss... Shigaraki? He wanted to keep me alive. I have to inform someone, but how? Also, I had to know where they were keeping me.

Using observation, I looked for an easy target. I had learnt, from the Nomus, that if I could overpower someone's will, I could establish some form of control over their bodies. I know, it would be so easy to abuse that for evil and have my way with people. But I wasn't an evil person.

So, I decided to target a bird or a little rodent, something that I could easily overpower, something of very low intellegence.

After I momentarily looked around through observation, I found a bird perched on the roof of a nearby building.

I shook away the pain and guilt I felt when I took control over the bird while the poor animal fluttered violently. I had to be careful. A little fumble on my part could destroy the bird's will and turn it into something that couldn't be described as alive after I relinquished my control over it.

Under the commands of my will, the bird craned its neck to look for any boards or signs that could tell me where I was.

"Shut up, Spinner! Don't try to get out of this! You owe me 500 yen!"

Soon, the bird found itself in front of a local shop with its address painted at the bottom of its board.

'Kamino, Yokohama.'

I was in a bar in the Kamino Ward of Yokohama city.

'But how will I inform anyone about my location?!'

I wracked my brain for an answer while relinquishing my control over the bird. Fortunately, the bird wasn't affected at all, saving me from the guilt of manipulating something to its death.

Suddenly, I thought of the Pussy-cats. Mandalay was a telepath and Ragdoll was able to sense everything in the surroundings, kinda like my observation. And they could communicate with each other through their minds if they were close enough.

'Could I?... Gotta activate One for All and increase the range of my willpower's reach.'

I kept my breathing steady and deep. I couldn't afford to make a mistake. I activated One for All and focused to keep it around my nervous system.

Soon, I began using my 'Will of Observation' and tried to spread it as far away as I possibly could.

There, like a faded ray of light in the darkness, I could feel Mandalay's presence right around the edge of the limits of my observation.

Next, I used 'Conqueror's will' and tested her will. Due to the large distance, my probe was very weak but it was noticeable.

Mandalay suddenly perked up when she heard faint voices in her head.

'Mi... riya... zu... '

"Huh?"

Pixie-bob looked at her questioningly.