Chapter 45

Eri was safe.

Meanwhile, the police and the heroes were engaged in battle with Chisaki's henchmen. Somehow, Chisaki knew about the operation. His henchmen were ready and they came out of the gates swinging, literally.

A huge idiot attacked first, endangering the policemen near the entrance. They were quickly rescued and the response from the heroes was instantaneous. The brute who had attacked was handled well by Ryuku and her interns.

Meanwhile, Fat gum, Aizawa and the rest made their way through the entrance and were confronted by other yakuza grunts. That was when I appeared on the scene.

Chisaki had really pushed my buttons. If I were the same person as I was during my first internship, I would have gone berserk with rage.

But, I had grown a lot since then.

I landed right next to Nighteye and the group and said, "A man as careful as Chisaki, who had managed to remain under the radar for so many years is bound to have contingencies to evade arrest. His henchmen attacked without provocation so they were aware of our plan. They are attacking ferociously and that could mean only one thing."

Everyone looked at me as I said, "Chisaki is buying time to run away. If we don't find him, then his men attacking us will not be directly linked to him. He will evade all the blame for the damage and possible injury and death."

Fat gum ground his teeth and said, "We need to hurry!"

I looked at him and said with a smirk, "Leave that to me."

I had grown... I had learnt not to control my emotions but to embrace them and accept them. Embrace my rage.. and channel it.

A devastating wave of Conqueror's will blasted out from within me, spelling doom for Chisaki and the yakuza. The ground underneath my feet shattered and whipped up winds that could uproot trees. The grunts fell down like bowling pins as my attack was simply too much for them to endure.

All the villains who had managed to stay awake were down on their knees gasping and wheezing for air. They were barely holding on to their consciousness.

Even the heroes were shocked. I ignored their stares and said, "Chisaki must have realised by now that Eri is not in her room. I'm sensing  less than a dozen men still awake inside the building. We need to move, now!"

I was keeping a constant lookout for the movements of those awake. As we ran inside the building, I looked at Nighteye and said, "Chisaki has somehow recovered. He is running away. I can teleport to him and engage in battle."

I got an immediate rejection to that.

"No, I cannot send a student to fight a villain on their own. You will take Lemillion with you."

"Alright!"

'I understand now. There are fates far worse than death. Killing the villains isn't always the solution. I'll make an example out of you, Chisaki.'

(BNHA)

Chisaki was prepared for the upcoming raid. He was ready to leave when the man whom he had ordered to keep an eye on Eri came running towards him and shouted, "Boss! Eri! She.. she's gone!"

Veins began popping up on his face as he looked at the man with extreme anger.

"What do you mean, she's gone?!"

"I-I'd locked the door and when I opened it  she was gone! It-It was like she'd vanished!"

Chisaki removed his glove and before the man had a chance to make his case, he was reduced to a puddle of blood and mush.