Chapter 49

The first battle between 1A and 1B was quite amazing.

If I had a say in it, then, Tsuyu was the MVP of the battle. Sure, Shinsou contributed greatly but Tauyu was the ever reliable one in the team while Kaminari was chaotic as always.

I was focused on something else the entire time. I was trying hard to reign in my volatile emotions given my close proximity with Itsuka and Tetsutetsu.

As Aizawa gave the first team his evaluation of their performance and what they needed to improve, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Yes, Mineta?"

The little boy shivered and said while smiling, "Dude, it's always creepy how you know everything going on around you. It's like you can see everything. Bet you use that to 'see' the girls when they bathe, eh? Am I right? I'm right, right?"

I sighed and said, "Just get to the point."

I took a look around and said, "Go ahead and huddle up with Uraraka and Ashido. I need to talk to the teachers about something."

The little pervert walked away without a second thought.

I made my way towards Aizawa as him and others finished discussing about something. Aizawa noticed me and asked, "What is it?"

I took a glance all the four teachers and said, "Would it be right to pit me against anyone here?"

Vlad King frowned and asked, "Are you underestimating your batchmates?"

I look at him and replied, "You saw what I did during the sports festival. Aizawa-sensei saw what I'm capable of during the Shie Hassaikai raid. I am not really affected by Shinso's quirk and I can render everyone here, excluding the four of you, unconscious within a moment."

"So, what do you want us to do?"

I shrugged and replied, "I don't 'want' you to do anything. I'm just here to suggest Shinso to take my place in my group and let me sit this one out."

Vlad King frowned and said, "My students will feel insulted and while I support their competitiveness against 1A, I don't know how they will react to you 'sitting this one out'. It will hurt them."

I looked at all the teachers and said, "Would it be really productive if I defeat my opponents within the starting moments of the exercise?"

"Just, don't do it then."

"It's not a good strategy. As a hero, along with apprehending the villain, shouldn't I also limit the amount of damage done to public property? Along with that comes risk of civilian damage. What if a civilian gets caught in the commotion and is harmed by the rubble flying around? What if a civilian dies while I'm fighting the villain? Isn't it better to neutralize the target before they can even retaliate?"

Aizawa sighed and said, "While your reasoning is rational, we cannot excuse from this exercise. If you are able to defeat your opponents in the way you are saying, it will be on them for not being prepared. Now, go back to your teammates."

I shook my head and walked back to my team's huddle.

"Midori! What were you talking about with Aizawa-sensei?"

I simply shrugged and said, "It doesn't matter. So, what have the three of you decided? I know Uraraka and you have been doing teamwork exercises in the gym. Though, they won't be put to use in this exercise."

Uraraka groaned and asked, "You're going to pull a Midoriya on them, aren't you?"

Raising a brow, I asked, "What the hell do you mean by that?"

She immediately began sweating while she looked at hwr remaining two teammates who themselves were not faring any better.

I rubbed the ridge of my nose and said, "You know what? Don't tell me. I figured it out. Yes, I'm going to pull a 'Midoriya'."

Pull a Midoriya. I did that a lot in my career as a Professional Hero and even before that. It was the name given to the thing I did whenever I got too annoyed with the masses or just wanted to show the gap between our powers to the ignorant.

"Hehehehe.." came from the three stooges.

I shook my head went back to watching the big screen that was showing the next battle. It was a battle between beauties, both in mind and in body.

Yes, Itsuka cheated on me. That did not mean I stopped thinking that she was a beauty. But, given that I was no longer infatuated by her, I had begun the appreciate other beauties that were around me. Like the one that was fighting Itsuka.

Yaoyorozu Momo.

A girl who would break many hearts in the future and who had amazing dressing sense. Her mind was certainly a lot more beautiful than Itsuka's, and purer too.

Other than Yaoyorozu, there was Uraraka who had unintentionally given me a full frontal view of her upper body back in the hot spirngs during the summer camp. While not as smart as Yaoyorozu, Uraraka had the certain charm of a goofball that other beauties lacked.

With Mineta's head locked under my arm and a ball from his head stuffed in his mouth, I was able to freely appreciate the girls around me.

'Ah.. my heart is going doki doki..'

"Uhm.. Midoriya-kun, why are you suddenly smiling?"

"Ah, I'm suddenly at peace, Ochako-chan🎶"

*PUFF*

Uraraka went from curious cutie to a red hot air balloon within a second.

"O-O-O-Ocha-Ocha-"

"I think you broke her, Midori!"

(BNHA)

"Most of us have technical quirks. Even if we stay hidden, we will have many opportunities to attack the opposing team. Also, there are five people on our team this time. There's no point in having this become a melee."

"But, when you look at this battle, don't you feel angry that he's so powerful?"

"Is that a girl's way of saying 'he's scary'?"

"If we are talking about agility and attack power, he's stronger than Bakugo. He apparantly also has long ranged attacks in his arsenal. If we mess up even slightly, it may give him an opening to pummel us."

Shinsou looked at his group members and said, "Then we need to prioritize Midoriya above all others."

"Alright, but, how?"

While the other team prepared, I was in the field my team and we were just... chilling. Uraraka had managed to recover and things were back to normal... somewhat.

"So... Midori! Still thinking of doing what you said you will do?"

"Yeah."

"What if the teachers object?"

"I told them what will happen. They were alright with it."

Silence...

[The fifth round will be the last for today. Are you ready?! Don't lose your footing. Do your best till the end!! Start!!]

*WOOSH*

*THUD* X5

[... Uhh.. Team A has... won.. in just one second... thanks to.. Midoriya]

As everyone stared in my direction, I just said, "What else were you expecting?"

It was an anti climactic end to an annoying day filled with moments of bliss and peace.