Chapter 14

Hux stared out the large window that showed the stars wiz by with his hands behind his back. He squeezed his leather gloved hands as he closed his eyes. He heard that you were no longer on the ship, unlike Ren he would try and keep his composure. Don't get him wrong, when he learned you were gone he felt the anger rise in him. Which he has not experience since his youth. He quickly went into a storage room to calm himself, remembering the words of his mother put him at ease. Many times, more then he liked. He fought with his father, his mother would comfort him with stories or words of wisdom. The one that stuck with him was how he should never let his temper get the better of him, with a calm demeaner he would be clear headed. Unlike his father who never saw reason and only saw red.

He scanned the stars for a few more mintues and turned away from the window. He heard what Ren did, although he did not like it him one bit. He did understand why they were dead and Plasma was demoted. He would of had someone else kill them and demoted her. He walked out of the room and headed to his quarters. He felt a migrane coming on, he had those only when he was beyond stressed and upset. His cat Millicent would be mowing as soon as he stepped into his quarters, he would lay down and Millicent would curl up on his chest and purr. It soothed him when she did this. He never thought he would care for anymore or thing beside Millicent, until you came along. There was something about you that peaked his interest. He ignored the saultes of the two storm troopers and turned down the hallway near his quarters.

As he predicted Millicent quickly jumped off his bed and landed softly on the floor. She quickly trot over and meowed at Hux and rubbed against his leg when he entered his quarters. He glanced down at her and smiled. "Hello Millicent. Daddy is having one of those days." Millicent glanced up at him with orange eyes and blinked. She meowed again and started to purr softly then louder which caused Hux to chuckle. He carefully walked past Millicent and took off his jacket, then shoes. Sitting down on the bed, he placed his face in his hands and sighed loudly. He stayed like this until Millicent bumped him with her nose and purred louder then before.

He removed his hands and glanced beside him. Millicent looked at him with a puzzled look, then rubbed her face against his arm. He gentle scratched under her chin and swung his legs up and laid down on the bed. Millicent quickly crawled onto his chest and sat, the intercom near his bed beeped which caused him to groan. He pushed the button with one hand and scratched Millicent ear with the other. "What?!" snapped Hux. A gruff male voice answered him. "Sir. This is MT-0816. Commander Ren has left the ship with his knights. He told no one where he was going." Hux rolled his eyes and pressed the button again. "When did he leave?" There was silence then MT-0816 spoke again. "He left five mintues ago sir. Should we tell the Supreme Leader?" Hux contuied to scratch Millicent ear who purred with her eyes closed, he thought for a moment then press the button once again. "No. I will handle it MT-0816 and tell the Supreme Leader." The intercom crackled as Hux put his arm back on the bed and closed his eyes. MT-0816 conformed and the intercom went silent.

Hux laid there until his headache went away and gentle picked Millicent up then placed her on the bed. She curled up into a ball and kept purring as she watched him get up. He placed his jacket then shoes back on and stepped away from the bed. His mind was on you as he buttoned his jacket up and smoothed it out. He glanced back at Millicent who's eyes were closed now and smiled. "Daddy has to leave the ship for a bit. I will have someone feed you, be good while I am away." He turned toward the door and quickly left his quarters. There was no way Ren was going to find you before him, he would have to make sure of it.