Chapter 9

You decided to use your bag as a pillow and then lay down. The hiding spot was only big enough for you to lay in a fetal position. Creaks and moans filled the ship and made it difficult to fall alseep. You listened with a feeling of dread. Would they find you hidding here, what waits for you on Besin, can you get away from Kylo & Hux? The questions raced in your head as you adjusted the bag, letting out a slow breath. You closed your eyes and concentrated on your slow brreathing. The last thought before you finally drifted off to sleep was about your freedom that was so close. The first time in a long time you felt hope blossom in your chest.

A loud bang startled you awake. Your heart race in your chest as you leaned up int a sitting position. Voices could be heard just outside the ship, you tilt your head and listened. Droids, troopers by the way you heard them walk, ships and other people went about there day. You slowly got to your feet but stayed in a crouched position so you could still stay out of sight. You didn't know where and when the crew of the ship were going to arrive. Let alone when they would be cleared to go to Bespin.

It seemed like hours before the ramp of the ship slowly lowered. A lone storm trooper walked up the ramp and you watched from a cracked between the crate and the wall. The trooper held a data pad and walked over to a crate near the ramp. Another trooper walked up the ramp and placed a small crate on top of the larger crate the other trooper was looking at. Both troopers started talking about the supply run to Bespin. You half listened to them abd peered past them. It looked like a normal busy day in the shuttle bay, you could a BB-8 roll by with a captain walking by the ramp. A few other people with the normal first order outfits were standing at the computer and working.

The two troopers moved on to the the crates, still talking about the trip to Bespin. Next thing you know they were in front of your crate. The one trooper who was first to come aboard, grabbed the smaller crate and handed it to the other trooper. He then opened the crate and peered inside. They were so close to where you were hidding that if they stepped to the right and peered down they could see you. Your palms and forehead started to sweat, if they caught you. It would be a reconditioning for you and if Kylo & Hux found out you tried to escape, you would never be alone again. You knew they would have a guard on you all day and night. You shuddered from the thought and crouched down lower. The trooper moved  a few things around and entered something into the data pad. He shut the crate and placed the smaller one on top of it. "Alright, checking of the cargo is done. Let's get the others and go." The other trooper agreed and walked with him down the ramp. The ramp slowly closed and you let out a breath you didn't know you were hiding.

You heard the two troopers talking outside the ship, you sighed feeling impatient. How long does it take to get a ship to get going? Sitting back down, you leaned your back against the wall and waited in the dark. You had nothing but your thoughts to keep you entertained. You thoughts drifted to what happened to you, you finally had a chance to fully digest it al. Suddenly the ship seemed to shudder to life, it brought you back out of your thoughts. A low groan could be heard from the middle of the ship, you grinned. You must be taking off, hopefully all your seeking on the ship pays off. You suddendly felt lighter and a bit dizzy and knew you were leaving the Star Base Killer. You some of the stress leave you as you tried to get comfortable for the journey to Bespin.