Chapter 16

You woke up to your body stiff and sore. The ground it was...soft....You forced your eyes open confused and saw only darkness. It seemed eerily quiet, which made you sit up. You pressed your hands down and they sank alittle. Yup. It was definitely a bed. Your mind wondered back to the last thing you heard. Something about Poe and BB-8 crossed your mind. You felt out of it and had a hard time remembering what happened. A noise that seemed far away made you jump alittle. What was that? You thought. You stayed still and listened. The noise came again but a little louder. A shiver went down your back and fear grew in your chest. Whatever was making that noise, you didn't want to be near it. You sat up in bed and took slow breaths as you were making the decision. It was now or never. You slowly dragged your heavy legs to the one side of the bed. Taking a big breath in you struggle to get off the bed, your body felt heavy and weak. You fell back on the bed and growled in frustation. There was no way you could get off the bed right now. You laid on your side and brought up your heavy legs again. The silence and darkness was starting to get to you, so you closed your eyes. A few moments later, you fell back asleep.

A low buzzing sound woke you up again. You laid there still on your side and with your eyes closed, listen to the buzz. You felt warm unlike the first time you woke up. Something else was different. You weren't as sore and stiff. You wonder how long you slept. However long it was you felt a lot better. You slowly opened your eyes and turned your head to the right. A soft light made it possible to look around the room. You sat up in the bed and glanced around. The room was bare and the walls were white as well as the floor. You could tell by looking at them, they were stone. It explained the coldness when you woke up the first time. The light came from the ceiling, there was a large rectangle opening that had the light stream down into the room. With your arms above your head you stretched, feeling your back popped. You saw that you had on the same outfit from when you met Poe. Letting your arms fall beside you, you slide your legs off the bed and stood up. You felt a little weak but a lot better. You walked a little from the bed and glanced around the room again. A door that you missed the first time was across the room and it was in the middle of the wall. The buzzing that you got use to got louder as you walk over to the door. You placed your left hand on the door and it felt warm. You slide it across the door looking for away to open it. A soft hiss came from the door and popped open towards you. You yank your hand back and jumped away from the door.

Not sure on what you should do, you stood there for a while. No one came into the room and there was no movement from beyond the door. You stepped toward the door and looked through the crack in the door. A long hallway with the same white stone walls and floor laid beyond the door. The buzzing was louder but no other sound or movement could be heard. You gentle opened the door that was not as heavy as it looked. You stepped into the hallway and slowly started to walk down it. A hiss came from behind you and you turned to see the door to the room closed. Facing the hallway again, you kept a slow pace down the hallway. The hallway turned a corner to the left, you cautiously turned the corner and saw a dozen doors on both sides of the wall. You kept your slow pace and walked over to the first door. After trying to open it with no avail you went to the next one. You were halfway of trying the rooms when the third door to last one opened with a hiss. A short woman with a orange suit entered the hallway. She had black hair that was in a ponytail but had some of her hair down in front of her face and short bangs. She had on a brownish yellow jump suit, a sandy colored belt, a brown scarf that was tucked into her collar and brownish black boots. She turned and saw you, her expression seemed grim as she walked over to you. "You must be (y/n). I'm Rose..Rose Tico. Poe mentioned you. I am here to take you too him." She nodded toward the door she exited from, you nodded and followed her as she walked to the door. "The first order attack the ship you were on. He called for help and we came to fight them off." You listened to her as you exited the hallway into the door she came from. The room was more opened and was gray. A few people past you as you walked beside her. "The ship you were on was destroyed but we both managed to get you on board before we got away with doing hyperspace. Don't worry. You are in good hands." You stopped walking and frowned at her. "Who are you guys?" Rose turned to you as she approached a elevator that was in the corner of the room. "We are the resistance."