Chapter 15

Eyes fluttering open, you blinked a few times. You haven't slept in a comfy bed for a long time, it felt nice. You stretched hearing your shoulders and back pop and leaned up. Sliding off the bed, you glanced around the room. It was dark but your eyes adjusted. The bed was in the middle of the room, which was small. But not as small as the room you had on the star destroyer. There was a table next to the bed and a dresser on the far wall. Another door was beside the dresser and you assumed it was the refresher. You adjusted your clothes and headed toward the refresher when the main door opened with a swish.

Glancing over at the door, Poe appeared. He held a tray with some food on it. He took a step in and frowned not seeing you in the bed. His eyes scanned the room until his brown eyes landed on you. He smiled wide showing you his brilliant white teeth, you smiled back and felt something bump your leg. Glancing down you saw BB-8, he beeped excitedly at you. You chuckled and leaned down to pat his side. BB-8 dodged your hand and rolled around you. Poe laughed and placed the tray with food on the dresser. "Bud...she just woke up. Go check to see if we got a response." BB-8 stopped rolling in front of you and beeped sadly. He slowly rolled out of the room and turned to the left. Poe watched him leave and shook his head. "He would not stop pestering  me to go see if you were awake. I finally caved in, I also thought you were hungry, so I brought food." You smiled at Poe and sat down on the bed.

Poe leaned against the dresser and studied you for a while. The way he looked at you made you a little uncomfortable, you looked away from him and down at the floor. A chuckle made you look up to see him lean off the dresser. He crossed the room to stand in front of you and held out the tray. You glanced at him and took the tray slowly with a small smile. "Thank you, Poe." He nodded at you and took a step back. You place the tray of food on your lap and slowly start to eat the food. It was similar to the food from the star destroyer so it was different colors and sizes. You plopped a medium size orange cube in your mouth and a meaty flavor hit your tongue. It was better than you thought it would be and greedily ate the rest. You placed the tray next to you on the bed and looked over at Poe. He was leaning against the dresser again with a amused look on his face. "Hungry?" He asked. You nodded with a smile and use the napkin that came with tray to wipe your mouth. "It was delicious. Thank you again Poe."

Before Poe could respond a alarm went off. Poe grabbed a communicator from his belt and pressed a button. "BB-8! What is going on?!" You heard a frantic beeps coming from the device and Poe's face go pale. He looked over at you quickly as he listened to BB-8's quick beeps. "The first order...they found us. Stay here and don't leave the room." Poe rushed out of the room and a loud bang jarred the ship. The tray fell off the bed and clattered on the floor, you barely manage to grab the bed from falling down. The room was filled with a pulsing red color and the alarm kept blaring. Fear grew in your chest as you looked around the room. What were you going to do? How did the first order find you? You stood up only to fall back on the bed when the ship was jarred again. You got up a second time and made your way to the door. You couldn't just sit here and do nothing. The ship was jarred a third time and you hit the wall next to the door. Your right arm hurt as you pushed yourself off the wall and went in front of the door. It swished opened and you slowly walked down the hall.

Turning a corner you heard Poe frantic voice. You made your way to his voice and heard beeping at your feet. You looked down to see BB-8 looking up at you. You frowned down at him and tried to walk past him. Your feet bumped into BB-8 who blocked your path. "BB-8! Please move." BB-8 beeped more frantic and pushed against your feet. "Stop it!" You cried at him. The ship once again jarred and you fell backwards onto your back. You laid there for a second with your eyes closed and felt a cold metal touch your face. You peeked over with one eye to see BB-8 pressed against your face. BB-8 seemed blurry to you and your back plus head hurt. You groaned trying to get up but stopped, your body felt too heavy. You laid there and closed your one eye trying to breath slowly. The last thing you heard was Poe's frantic voice and BB-8's beeping.